Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi, I have a deskjet F4580 all in one printer that has always been wireless without problems, I have just upgraded to super fibre optic broadband so needed a new router. All my devices have accepted the change except the printer, I have connected with a USB, I have manually added SSID username and WPA key but still the printer cannot find the router. I have reinstalled all printer software as if it's a new printer but still no connection
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Vangeek , and welcome to the HP Forums!

I can see you're experiencing router issues.  I would like to help!

I would recommend this thread on cannot configure photosmart c4580 to connect to my wireless network by @Sunshyn2005 .

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended
Thanks for responding. I have looked at the link you suggested but my model of printer doesn't have a digital display so I am unable to follow the instructions given. Any other suggestions?
HP Recommended

Hi Vangeek , I hope you had a good weekend!

What model and type of router are you using?

Are you using a G router, or an N router?

Are you using the 2.4 GHz or a 5 Ghz frequency?

Please let me know what you find!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi, Not sure on the exact make and model of my router as it was supplied by my cable TV company her in the Uk which is talk talk and has their logo on it. it is a wireless N and frequency is 2.4GHZ, hope this helps

This is what it says on their website

"Our best ever router exclusively designed and optimized for TalkTalk broadband.

Our fastest ever router - with Wireless-N technology (up to 300mbps)

Automatic wireless channel selection - helping you get the strongest signal possible

4 Ethernet ports - connect up to 4 devices via a wired connection

USB Port - connect other devices to share content across your network

DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) certified – easily connect all of your DLNA Certified devices to share your content around your home. Find out more here:

HP Recommended

Hello Vangeek,

I would recommend manually setting the channel to 6.

I would also recommend making sure its on 802.11b/g/n and not just 802.11n.

I would ensure the passphrase is WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK, and that the SSID is alphanumeric, containing no special characters.

After the settings have been adjusted, restore network defaults on printer, and re-running wireless setup. You can find the steps for the restore and reconnection in the HP Deskjet F4580 All-in-One Printer User guides.

Please keep me posted!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.