Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Please refer to the link below.

Message 14 for Solution

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

by the way it dose not work at all

if any one can help me to ressolve message no string in ro

m using hp laserjet pro m1217 nfw

even after changing cartridge showing error

HP Recommended

Hi sweet2pank

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector)

Have you updated the printer's firmware?

Have you done the Reset for the printer?

If you have done that already then I would recommend to call HP Tech Support for
further assistance to see what other options are available for you.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

We have the same issue.  Tried disconnection all cables.  Plugged in power and starts up, then shows ready, followed by Printing Fax, then initializing, cycle again, and again.

last step was all unpolugged, did the X and Copy button pushed and held when powering back up.  When Permanent Storage Init, appears, release buttons.

same issue/cycle is present

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.