Question

Student
tracyW
Message 1 of 2 (186 Views)

Connect 7520 Fax to phone line

I am having trouble with connecting my HP all in one fax/printer.  I have an DSL line and have a fail message on using the wrong kind of phone line.  Currently I have a 4 pin copper cord from dsl jack to a female splitter with 1 side going to my dsl modum and 1 side going to my fax connection.  In addtion, the 2 pin cord provided with printer is not long enough to reach the printer.  My error codes are:

Fax hardware test =  pass

Fax connection to active phone line = pass

Phone cord connect to correct port on fax = pass

Using correct type of phone cord with fax = fail

Thank you for any suggestions!

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 2 of 2 (162 Views)

Re: Connect 7520 Fax to phone line

Hi tracyW,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

Sorry to hear that you are having issue with the fax set up.  I see that you stated that you are using the 4-copper connector  cable and that the one that came with the printer is not long enough.  I do apologize but you will need to use the other cable or if this is NOT an option for you, then you can go to a local computer store and purchase a longer cord. Please be sure to tell the sales associate that it is specifically for faxing and it has to be the 2-copper connector cable.

I am sorry for the inconvenience but unfortunately HP provides the one size of cable for the fax and that is it.

Thank you for your time.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation