Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently moved and need to connect my printer to a new wireless network, and I can't figure out how.

I have a Deskjet 3050 All-in-One J610a printer, and use OSx 10.8.  I've connected it to this computer before, so I know it will work, I just can't figure out how to change the wifi settings.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
You would have to go to the WIRELESS SETTINGS on the printer.
1. Select WPS
2. Select PIN (your router pass code)

If you do not have the drivers and software downloaded already, just install the CD.
Here is a link that will help you with the network connection if needed. (USER GUIDE, Chapter 7, PAGE 35)
http://goo.gl/Y39DU
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

I have recently switched to a different wireless system.  How do I change the passcode on my hp Deskjet 3050 printer?

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I understand you're wanting to connect your Deskjet 3050 to your new wireless router. I would be happy to help you with this issue!

To set the printer up on your new network you will need the USB cable that came with your printer and the software CD. Insert the software CD into the computer and you should get a screen with an option to Connect New Printer. Once you've clicked that it should ask you how you're connecting and you will say wireless. The on screen instructions will tell you when to connect the USB cable and when to disconnect it. Once you've followed the steps the information should be updated on your printer and you should be able to print via the wireless connection again.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I can't find my cd that came with the printer

HP Recommended

I had a similar situation recently. Here is how I was able to resolve it. On the tiny control panel of the printer, press the Wireless button. That should launch the Wireless options menu. Choose Wireless Settings from there. Then choose WPS. It should say that there are two options - Push Button and PIN. Choose Push Button. Press and hold the WPS button on the router for 3 seconds and then it it go. The printer should connect to the new wireless network in about 2 minutes or less. After it is successfully connected to the wireless network, it should give you an opton to print the wireless network test page. If you go ahead, it should print all the config. details along with their status/values.

If you had ended up connecting the printer to your machine (mac or windows) via USB cable, you can remove that printer now and add it back (the machine should be able to see the printer on the wirless network as long as it is also connetced to the same network). Then you are good to go.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much I have been trying to sort this for ages. Now I have read you info it is all sorted 🙂 Thanks again

HP Recommended

This was perfect. It described the exact steps required on the printer (with the tiny screen) and the router. It took about three minutes to connect the printer to my home network.

Thanks for the solution. 

HP Recommended

I recently got a new router and password so I had to reconfigure my printer as well. Here is exactly what I did:

1. Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor (if you don't already have it installed I think you can search it on HP Downloads)

2. After it searches for products, click your printer and make sure it's the one with (network) beside it

3. Click next

4. It should instruct you to plug in your USB

5. When I plugged it in, it didn't automatically refresh so I had to manually close and reopen the Scan Doctor

6. Running the scan again, it asks if it can automatically detect your new wireless settings; select this one

7. I clicked next and that's it!

Hope this is helpful to someone! HP is terrible about putting actual useful information on their official help pages, so I know how you all feel

HP Recommended

My connection simply stopped working after 2 years of no problem please tell me what to do.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.