Connecting OfficeJet 6100 ePrinter wirelessly (5868 Views)
Honor Student
MP4683
Message 1 of 5 (5,868 Views)
Accepted Solution

Connecting OfficeJet 6100 ePrinter wirelessly

I am not sure what else to try and am hoping someone can help.  I am attemtping to connect the OfficeJet 6100 to my network using a Netgear N600 Wirelss Dual Band Router (WNDR3400).  After going through the set up process multiple times, and printing the 'HP Network Configuration Page' and 'Wireless Network Test Results' pages, everything shows it should be working, but still is not.  I am able to print if my ultrabok (Acer Aspire S3, running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit) is connected via USB.  I would like to get this set up wirelessly so that I can also take advantage of the ePrint capabilities.  Please let me know if you need any additional informaiton.

Wireless Network Test Results

Model:  HP Officejet 6100 ePrinter

"No problems found. Congratulations on the successful setup of your wireless printer."

Diagnostics Results

>Wireless

- Wireless On:  PASS

- Wiressless Working:  PASS

- Signal Quality:  Excellent

>Connectivity

- Connected:  PASS

>Network

- Network Name (SSID) Found:  PASS

- Other networks detected matching your network name (SSID):  No

- Wireless Networks Detected:  5

>Settings

- Printer Settings Consistent with Wireless Router Settings:  PASS

- No filtering:  PASS

- Channel:  11

- Security:  PASS

Current Configuration

- Network Name (SSID):  xxxxxxxxx

- Hardware Address (MAC):  xxxxxxxxx

- IP Address:  192.168.1.4

- Configuration Source:  DHCP

- Communication Mode:  Infrastructure

- Authentication Type:  WPA-PSK

- Encryption:  Automatic (AES or TKIP)

HP Network Configuration Page

General Information

Network Status:  Ready

Active Connection Type:  Wireless

Firmware Revision:  TQP1FN1146AR

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 2 of 5 (5,862 Views)

Re: Connecting OfficeJet 6100 ePrinter wirelessly

Hello MP4683,

What happens when you try to print wirelessly? Can you see the printer or can you not even see it.

Can you try running the HP Print Scan Doctor and see if it identifies any trouble areas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Honor Student
MP4683
Message 3 of 5 (5,836 Views)

When I select to print something, it shows the HP Officejet 6100 as the only printer, as it should, but it shows 'Offiline' underneath the name.  Nothing happens unless I plug in the USB cable, which it will then printer whatever I attempted to print wirelessly.

HP Print Scan Doctor can only view the printer when plugged in via USB as well.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 4 of 5 (5,826 Views)

Hello MP4683,

We are atleast getting somewhere. HP has a troubleshooting article that helps address the printer offline issue.

See if the steps mentioned help resolve your issue.

'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Product Will Not Print

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Honor Student
MP4683
Message 5 of 5 (5,816 Views)

I just went ahead and reset my router, and created a new network, set up the printer from scrath, etc.  Everything works now.  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation