Question

Student
g03050
Message 1 of 2 (1,254 Views)

DESKJET 3050 J610 PROBLEMS

I have a Deskjet 3050 all in one J610 series printer.  This is connected wirelessly.  Everything was working well until today.  When I double click on the printer icon on the desktop it will not open as it used to.  Having Windows 7 a box comes up and thenasks if I wish to connect a new printer or add more software.  To get into my printer details I have to click Start, Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, View Devices and Printers and there I can double the icon and get in.  However, when I click on the estimated ink levels I get "the parameter is incorrect" - when I double click on activate scan to computer I get "Error launching the program.  The device was not specified"..  What is going on?  My other laptop does not have this problem being on Windows XP.  I also want to know if I change to a new router with a new ISP how do I reconfigure this?  I have read that you put in the CD and go from there clicking on "reconfigure"  but there is no "reconfigure" on my CD that came with the printer.  Your help would be much appreciated.

Grad Student
dre1023
Message 2 of 2 (1,224 Views)

Re: DESKJET 3050 J610 PROBLEMS

on your windows 7 computer you might as well as reinstall the whole software it seems that even the scan app of your printer is not opening app, and in order for you to determine that try scanning from paint

--

and if you will use a new wireless router then you can just add a new printer and it should work out fine

---hopes this helped you on your problem

Dre
"I may not be the best of help there is, but at least i would try my best to give you a reply on your questions"

Please Click the KUDOS button as a sign of "thanks"

For Other Questions or Informations email me @ laijayadrian@hotmail.com
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation