Question

Top Student
j-dennis
Message 1 of 16 (4,436 Views)

Deskjet 1510 Printer not connecting

My new printer is giving me greif!

In short: It's not printing. When i hit "print", the item appears in the print queue for a few seconds, and soon dissappears without any printing or notifications/error messages.

I've made sure the USB cable is working fine, so it's not that. The ink is full and new, and I've been through the alliegnment process (the one that prints out lines and numbers which I then have to scan) numerous times now.

The printer has been installed (and it says this on the HP printer control programme/settings) through both the online and the CD paths, and it is recognised by the laptop (because it comes up in printer options and is also shown as to be "found" in the HP printer control programme/settings).

But it is showing as being not connected for the network status. Here's what I mean:

printer problem.png

This is the only thing I've found that's wrong/not working, but have no idea how to fix it and have been looking online abd through downloaded troubleshooter programmes for solutions but have found none. I've tried installing and printing in many different ways and have been trying to work it out for a few too many days now, so help would be very much appreciated!

I'm using Windows 8 with all its updates and a HP laptop. The printer is not wireless so it's nothing to do with that.

PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 2 of 16 (4,420 Views)

Re: Deskjet 1510 Printer not connecting

Hi,

I am linking you to a couple of tools that HP developed that might be able to help.  The HP Print and Scan doctor most likely will be the tool that can help you.

Fix Common Problems - utility

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
j-dennis
Message 3 of 16 (4,415 Views)

Have tried those before and hasn't work, but tried again just now and still hasn't found anything wrong that it can fix... Any other ideas?

PhD Student
CaptainTJ
Message 4 of 16 (4,410 Views)

Hi again,

I am sure that you have uninstalled and re-installed?  In case you haven't, then you might try to uninstall and re-install.

When you installed via USB, before connecting the USB cable from Printer to PC, that the Printer was in a "ready" status and the PC was at the point where it informed you to connect the USB cable? 

It is very key in the process to not connect the USB cable from Printer to PC until the installation CD (or download) informs to do so. 

What occurred after connecting the USB cable? 

Did it show green and continued to install or was there a red X between the connection?

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
j-dennis
Message 5 of 16 (4,388 Views)

Hi,

I have tried that a couple of times and it hasn't changed anything.

The USB was only plugged in when it told me to.

And the connectiong and installation went fine with lotsof green ticks!

Still, nothing has changed...

Any other ideas?

Ta

Tutor
ember1308
Message 6 of 16 (4,364 Views)

I hope you get a solution because I am having exactly the same problem. It is such a nuisance when you buy something and it won't work

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 7 of 16 (4,351 Views)

Hello everyone,

I understand you are having problems when you are trying to print while connected USB. I notice that a document will appear in the print queue for a matter of seconds, then disappear. This could be a Print Spooler issue. Please click on this link: How to Stop and Start Print Spooler. This is a step by step video on how to perform these steps.

If the steps I provided didn't work please go onto the next step:

In devices and printers, right click on your Deskjet 1510 printer. Click on printer properties, then click on the advanced tab at the very top.

In the advanced menu, click on the circle next to "Print directly to the printer". Click apply and then okay.

After performing this step see if you can print.

Have you tried another USB cord? This is to verify if the connection is solid, and to check if the cable is faulty, coincidentally.

If you are still unable to print , please uninstall and reinstall the software and follow these steps in this HP document: USB Printer Installation Troubleshooting

I hope this has resolved your issue and please inform me your progress.

Ashley

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
ember1308
Message 8 of 16 (4,345 Views)

i have done everything on the list except try new usb lead as i have no other one. scan works from this computer and all print tests instructed print but no files. they just come up in print queue but then disappear without printing.  i also tried that print straight to printer but when i tried that it did not recognise printer.  any more suggestions?  thanks

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 9 of 16 (4,342 Views)

Hello again,

This issue is very interesting, and thank you for responding. If you are able to scan a document from the computer then your USB connection shouldn't be faulty. The last suggestion I am going to recommend is to reinstall Windows. I have a Microsoft document that will help perform these steps if you are comfortable. Please click on this website: Windows 8.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Ashley

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
ember1308
Message 10 of 16 (4,339 Views)

i have windows 7 home premium. do not want windows 8. if i do a reinstall will all my other stuff still be here? cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation