Question

Student
LanceCaldwell
Message 1 of 10 (2,755 Views)

Deskjet 2050 all in one

I have a deskjet 2050 and my computer is not recognizing the printer when i plug it into the usb port and cant seem to find the problem can someone help

Student
mipremuzi
Message 2 of 10 (2,716 Views)

Re: Deskjet 2050 all in one

I have same or similarr problem, one unsuccessfully instal from CD, after that I have 5 uninstal and 4 instal from HP web, for Win7 (64bit), and everything is OK, but after restart or shut down laptop, printer is unable ( driver ?), scaner is OK.

cccc.png

Help me!!!!!

Top Student
JosephAdams
Message 3 of 10 (2,676 Views)

I am new to forum. Please excuse if not upto standard. I am 76 years old and been computing at home since Sinclair's Spectrum. However I am unable to get my Deskjet 2050 ALL-IN-ONE J510 series to connect to my HP G70 (Vista) Notebook PC. I have waited until today, on the advice of HP Help issued notes, to contact the Experts. I cannot get my computer to accept the printer via USB and have followed all advice except change USB cable. I have an HP USB Cable on order and expect delivery in the next day or so. I am not optimistic of success when it arrives. I am so frustrated that HP products should prove so incompatible and difficult. I did not think that I was approaching senility but the last few days trying to connect this printer make me wonder if it is now time to pack it in? If you can provide an understandable set of instructions you would make an old man exceedingly happy. Thank you.

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 4 of 10 (2,670 Views)

A couple of questions?

Is your vista system up to date...like the current service pack and updates?

It could be your usb cable but at what point is it failing, when installing the software and your being told to plug in the usb cable and its not detecting it is that correct?

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
Top Student
JosephAdams
Message 5 of 10 (2,668 Views)

Thank you for communicating. My Vista updates automatically. It is version 6.0 Service Pack 2. Architecture 32 bit.

If I use the installation disc it will not proceed further than the screen giving option to skip and install printer later. When following HP advice to attempt to correct this problem I have been unable to find an entry "IEEEnnn Printers" with Device Manager. When I insert USB cable to Computer I get "Unknown Device"    (It is a good job I had a triple bypass late 2009)

Regards

Joseph Adams

Top Student
JosephAdams
Message 6 of 10 (2,638 Views)

Success! My HP USB cable arrived today. Fitted it and printer was recognised and installed immediately. Worth the 85 pence the cable cost. Hope this helps you. I do not think advertising is permitted but I received the cable from a firm that sounds like a tall warlike lady.

Top Student
JosephAdams
Message 7 of 10 (2,633 Views)

I had a frustrating couple of days with a similar problem. Mine was resolved by getting an HP USB cable. I was not optimistic BUT it works. Good luck

Honor Student
sandrasilipo
Message 8 of 10 (1,927 Views)

How do I know if my vista system is up to date?

If I had to buy a new USB cable, which one would you recommend?

Thank you

Top Student
JosephAdams
Message 9 of 10 (1,915 Views)

Hello Sandra

You should be able to check if your Vista operating system is up to date by following the instructions in the Help and Support section on your computer. Click on the Start button (Flying window): Click on Help and Support: When the help screen appears type Update Operating System in the enquiry slot at the top of the Help screen. Then select which answer best suits your needs from the selection of suggestions that appear. You may wish to make updating of Operating System automatic and the procedure should be contained in the list of suggestions in the Help screen that is detailed above. Hope all this does not  insult your intelligence but as you may be a newcomer to computing I thought it might help.

The HP USB cable I used to connect my HP All-in-One Printer was obtained from Amazon and cost about 85 pence (yes 85 pence) and it worked immediately. Hope this is of assistance to you. Sorry I took so long to reply but I had forgotten my ID and Passwords and had to re-register etc.

Regards

JA

Honor Student
sandrasilipo
Message 10 of 10 (1,907 Views)

Thank you. I am going to try it now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation