Question

Honor Student
Justrollwitme
Message 1 of 4 (1,992 Views)

Deskjet 3050 won't print

• I have a HP deskjet All in one, j610 series printer. I run on windows 7 64 bit. When I try to print any document it comes out completely blank even thought it sounds like it is printing. When I do test pages or stuff like that sometimes it will print a little bit of pink and dark purple but not much. Thats normally after I have done the third level cleaning. I have looked thru out hp's help pages but nothing works. I was reading thru one of the other posts....
  • http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/deskjet-3050/m-p/1977549/highlight...

I tried making a copy and the page came out completely blank. The color cartridge has about 25 perfect left and the black shows now it has 75% left even though I just put it in and it hasnt printed anything...? Those are both hp cartridges as well. 

Any other tips you can think of...cause I cant think of anything else. Thank you

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 4 (1,976 Views)

Hello Justrollwitme,   To resolve this issue, use the tro...

Hello Justrollwitme,

To resolve this issue, use the troubleshooting in the linked article below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02744420&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
Justrollwitme
Message 3 of 4 (1,972 Views)

Re: Hello Justrollwitme, To resolve this issue, use the tro...

I tried all of those steps, well besides replacing the colored cartridge and nothing would print. What worries me is that when I make copies directly on the printer I get nothing also, so that makes me think that something is wrong with the printer itself and not a computer connection. I heard that even if one cartridge is at 25% it can cause the other one not to work also...Do you think by the color cartridge being only a quarter full it would cause the black to not work? Also another thing is  I just put the black one in yesterday and it hasnt printed anything and now it shows its down the 75%

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 4 of 4 (1,960 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050 won't print

I am not sure if a cartridge at 25% would stop the printer from printing, but an empty/near empty one could. Also, it is strange that the black ink you just bought is down to 75% without truly printing anything. You could try replacing the color cartridge, if that does not work, then the last step of the article is repair/replacement of the printer.

If you need help determining your product’s warranty status, go to HP’s Warranty Check Tool .
  • If your product is out of warranty , click here to view additional printer support options starting as low as $20.

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation