Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (2,760 Views)

Deskjet 3050 won't print

• I have a HP deskjet All in one, j610 series printer. I run on windows 7 64 bit. When I try to print any document it comes out completely blank even thought it sounds like it is printing. When I do test pages or stuff like that sometimes it will print a little bit of pink and dark purple but not much. Thats normally after I have done the third level cleaning. I have looked thru out hp's help pages but nothing works. I was reading thru one of the other posts....
  • http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/deskjet-3050/m-p/1977549/highlight...

I tried making a copy and the page came out completely blank. The color cartridge has about 25 perfect left and the black shows now it has 75% left even though I just put it in and it hasnt printed anything...? Those are both hp cartridges as well. 

Any other tips you can think of...cause I cant think of anything else. Thank you

Professor
Message 2 of 4 (2,744 Views)

Hello Justrollwitme,   To resolve this issue, use the tro...

Hello Justrollwitme,

To resolve this issue, use the troubleshooting in the linked article below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02744420&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

Smiley Happy If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution Smiley Happy
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (2,740 Views)

Re: Hello Justrollwitme, To resolve this issue, use the tro...

I tried all of those steps, well besides replacing the colored cartridge and nothing would print. What worries me is that when I make copies directly on the printer I get nothing also, so that makes me think that something is wrong with the printer itself and not a computer connection. I heard that even if one cartridge is at 25% it can cause the other one not to work also...Do you think by the color cartridge being only a quarter full it would cause the black to not work? Also another thing is  I just put the black one in yesterday and it hasnt printed anything and now it shows its down the 75%

Professor
Message 4 of 4 (2,728 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3050 won't print

I am not sure if a cartridge at 25% would stop the printer from printing, but an empty/near empty one could. Also, it is strange that the black ink you just bought is down to 75% without truly printing anything. You could try replacing the color cartridge, if that does not work, then the last step of the article is repair/replacement of the printer.

If you need help determining your product’s warranty status, go to HP’s Warranty Check Tool .
  • If your product is out of warranty , click here to view additional printer support options starting as low as $20.

Smiley Happy If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution Smiley Happy
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation