Question

Student
hgreene87
Message 1 of 3 (983 Views)

Deskjet D1660 won't install on Win 7 64 Bit

I have a brand new Toshiba Satellite laptop computer, running Windows 7 64 Bit. I've had my HP printer (Deskjet D1660) for a little over a year, it worked fine on my desktop computer, which ran Win XP 32 bit. However, the desktop has since died, and I've been attempting all morning to install the drivers for my Deskjet onto the laptop. I cannot get the **bleep** thing to install. I've tried using the CD that came with the printer, that didn't work. The computer won't even open the files in the CD. I tried to install the drivers and such from the HP website, which also didn't work. Can anyone help me? Is the HP even compatible with Toshiba computers????? I'm going crazy here, so please help! Thank you in advance.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 3 (961 Views)

Re: Deskjet D1660 won't install on Win 7 64 Bit

hgreene87 wrote: I have a brand new Toshiba Satellite laptop computer, running Windows 7 64 Bit. I've had my HP printer (Deskjet D1660) for a little over a year, it worked fine on my desktop computer, which ran Win XP 32 bit. However, the desktop has since died, and I've been attempting all morning to install the drivers for my Deskjet onto the laptop. I cannot get the **bleep** thing to install. I've tried using the CD that came with the printer, that didn't work. The computer won't even open the files in the CD. I tried to install the drivers and such from the HP website, which also didn't work. Can anyone help me? Is the HP even compatible with Toshiba computers????? I'm going crazy here, so please help! Thank you in advance.

Hello hgreene87, Sorry to hear you are having problems getting your HP printer software installed.

Here  is the link for the software and drivers for your printer.

It does mention that you should uninstall any previous HP printer software before installing this software.

I know of no reason your Laptop should not install the HP printer software.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Student
BluKnite65
Message 3 of 3 (933 Views)

Re: Deskjet D1660 won't install on Win 7 64 Bit

I am having the same problem with a HP Photosmart D110 and a Toshiba.  The laptop acts like I'm not even clicking on the setup file - either on the disk or on the hard drive.  Toshiba told me to do a restore - which made no difference.  I don't get it...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation