Question

Honor Student
Rody2k6
Message 1 of 5 (4,201 Views)

Deskjet F2430 - Has Ink but won't print

SO I bought this printer in the 2009 Black Friday, but ever since Feb 2010 came around, I started having problems.

Sometimes it won't print nothing at all, sometimes it only prints PDFs, some times DOC, and then some times only web pages.

I had both black and color ink in there both were not empty, and still nothing.

I took off the Black when it ran out, and only use Color (around Sept 2010) then color worked fine, but then on Oct, black is coming out blue when the ink is printed onto the paper.

The ink level is also good, but still the printer is not printing.

Just few hours ago, it would not print out of Word, so I did what I been doing a while (I read it somewhere, forgot) that you have to change to HP Premium Photo Papers, or any Photo papers, well today that did NOT work at all.

and just now it worked, but the black font came out blue.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (4,178 Views)

Re: Deskjet F2430 - Has Ink but won't print

If you removed the empty black cartridge and are printing with just the color cartridge blue text printing (that should be black) would indicate a cartridge that is running out of yellow ink.  

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Rody2k6
Message 3 of 5 (4,074 Views)

[ Edited ]

here is the update, I go to Printer Services, it gives me a warning sign for the color cartridge but for black I got a check mark.

I select Advance Photo Papers to get best quality, since it worked last time, the printer does it job like it is really printing, but when the paper comes out in the end, it is totally blank, and the printer works like it is really printing

I went to Printer Services and did a "Clean the print cartridges" and the image of the pear came out blueish.

Which is funny, because when I try to print anything else, nothing is printed on the paper

Student
sewcraftyme
Message 4 of 5 (3,790 Views)

I have this same issue, did you ever get this resolved.

New cartridges, it goes through all the motions of printing but nothing shows on the page, even the test page.

I also bought this during one of the December sales, its a nice 24.00 doorstop but worthless as a printer.

Student
angrygirl26
Message 5 of 5 (3,499 Views)

Made a profile just so I could respond, this was too coincidental. Exact same problem, exact same scenario. Worthless HP deskjet that was bought on the Black Friday of 2009. Maybe had 4 or 5 print sessions before the problems started. First it was the color ink cartidge failure with the flashing lights. Did the idiots guide to fixing it... (make sure the door is closed... really??) All for nothing. Refuse to buy another cartridge bc for one, they are expensive, two I know this one stil has ink, and three I am convinced the same thing will happen and I can't return an opened ink cartridge. Just now the pages were shooting out blank while it was making a normal printing sound. Worthless hunk of garbage and I'm convinced HP made a faulty and defective product to begin with but instead of chunking them, decided to sell them on black friday and make a small profit. Well, up yours HP. I took a sledge hammer to one of your laptops and now this printer will suffer the same fate. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation