04-29-2009 12:21 PM
This is an issue with the hardware of the printer
Do this reset
1. Unplug the power cord from the unit.
2. Reconnect the power cord into the unit.
3. When the lights begin to flash, press and hold the On/Resume and Paper Size buttons.
4. When only the On/Resume light is flashing, release the buttons.
When the On/Resume light is steady, the reset is complete.
Make sure the cartridges are inserted crrectly.
If you still face the same issue,call hp technical support,1-800-474-6836.
Thanks & Regards,
04-29-2009 04:25 PM
Thank you, Alyssa, but it didn't yet reset. My RESUME button and ON/OFF button are not one and the same. I'm still fiddling with the reset but to no avail. Thank you so much for your response. At least the printing from computer still works just not the copy or scan modes. Cheers, Lynn
Would a repair place be able to correct this for less than it would cost to buy a new printer? Again, thank you.
10-05-2009 11:53 AM
Just in case reading through all that material did not help here is the easy Problem/Solution
08-28-2011 12:49 AM
I reconfigured/installed my HP F4180 printer/scanner, and now when starting scanning I see that the ssanned file 'destination file field' (is a multiple choice field) is blank, so I can't choose for an option.
Staring scanning it's ok untill the end I get the message 'No destination found'
Could anyone tell me what is about ?
09-16-2013 04:21 AM
OS Windows Vista 64-bit with all updates. F4180 was working for 3 years, but from beginning of the August, when the computer starts, a message arrives, that THE PRINTER DRIVER is UNCOMPATIBLE WITH THE POLICY BLOCKING THE KERNEL-BASED PRINTER NT 4.0 DRIVER. That's all. The printer became unoperable. What to do? The driver is newest.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)