Question

Honor Student
shinystar
Message 1 of 5 (1,671 Views)

Deskjet F4400 won`t complete installation :(

Hi, I just bought a printer/scanner "Deskjet F4400".

I followed instrucyions and all good till almost the end as you can see in the picture above. It`s more than 1 hour and half that keeps "configuring product" so I`m assuming there is a problem but did not try to stop it or restart yet.

I have Windows 7 and Norton , as advised by the instructions ,was turned off in the beginning (for 15 minutes thinking it was enough) then it went back up by itself and I turned off again for 1 hour but nothing changed.

What do I do?

Thanks

Student
johnny2
Message 2 of 5 (1,639 Views)

Re: Deskjet F4400 won`t complete installation :(

I am having a problem too I bought it about a week and a half ago. Haven't got to use it yet. I get a Fatal Error message just after the disk starts spinning. I tried the crap from support  nothing works. HP has never put out a product that was simple to install. I forgot that when I bought the pice of crap. If I cant get it to work tonight it is going back to where I got it and I am getting another Lexmark.

Honor Student
shinystar
Message 3 of 5 (1,605 Views)

great, mine will too then as I uninstalled whatever was installed, then tried again to install it and same thing happened.

Does not the support staff answer on this forum at all?

Thanks

Master's Graduate
WendyM
Message 4 of 5 (1,586 Views)

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. If you need to contact HP about their products or services, please use the link below:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

This is a user-to-user community, and not a venue to receive direct help or feedback from HP. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Thanks!

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

Teacher
word_Of_Tech
Message 5 of 5 (1,573 Views)

On this last step, there is like a window hidding  at the back of the installation or some where in the task bar. You need to follow the instructions of that window so that the installation will go through. It may as you to press OK or it may ask you to print a sample page. Just drag that installation window all the way to the right and look for any installation windows that is related to the machine. Especially on windows 7 you will not notice if there is a pop window becuase the environment is so different. Like I said it may be hidding somewhere at the back of the installation or somewhere in the task bar. Good luck.:smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

19chinovz76
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation