03-12-2011 01:49 PM
My printer prints and makes copies, but wont scan, it keeps asking me for the color cartridge, but i'm just trying to scan. I have downloaded all the drivers and wont even open the scan window...
03-12-2011 05:51 PM - edited 03-12-2011 06:06 PM
It would be helpful if you said how your performing this task. Are you using the Scan button, or opening the "HP Solution Center". Operating thru the software (opening the "HP Solution Center") gives you more control.
Did you check the manual, on page 37 is a test ink levels.http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01714002.pdf
To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. You can render both Solution and KUDO..
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t E8400,Win7 Pro 32 bit. 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD SATA 3Gb/s
Custom Asus P8P67, I7-2600k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX660 2GB, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Custom Asus P8Z77, I7-3770k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX670 2GB, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Both Customs use Rosewill Blackhawk case.
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus
12-10-2012 08:55 AM
it needs to have both kinds of ink cartridges with usable ink before it works or scans because i had that happen before so you got to have ink before the scan part will work
letters to leigh, 2008
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)