Direct Digital Filing - where? (4807 Views)
srb Student
Student
srb
Message 11 of 14 (1,005 Views)

Re: Direct Digital Filing - where?

HOW-TO SETUP HP8500 A909a TO SCAN TO A COMPUTER

(WHEN "Digital Filing Settings" AND THE "DDF WIZARD" ARE MISSING)

Start the "HP Solutions Center" program.

Mouse-over the "Scan Settings" button.

From the pop-up menu, click "Scan To... Setup"  to get the "Scan To... (Front Panel List)" dialog box.

Click the "Manage Scan Shortcuts" button to get the "Manage Scan Shortcuts" dialog.

In "Scan Shortcut" list, click to highlight the "Document to File" item. In the "Scan Shortcut Settings" area,

click the "Save to file Save Options" button to get to the final dialog box where you set the "Save Location".

Enter the location.

Click OK to return to "Manage Scan Shortcuts". 

Click "Save Shortcut..." to get the "Save Scan Shortcut As" dialog.

Enter a "Shortcut name" that will showup on the Solution center list. 

Enter an "Abbreviated name for LCD display" that will show up on the scanner.

Click "Save" to return to the "Manage Scan Shortcuts" dialog.

Click "Done" to return to the "Scan To...Setup (Front Panel List)" dialog.

From the "Available Scan Shortcuts" list, click to highlight the shortcut you just prepared.

Then click "Add" to add the shortcut to the "Front panel list (Scan To button)" list.

Click "Update the Device".

After update, you automatically return to the main HP Solution Center "Settings" page.

FINALLY, your shortcut(s) will be available on the scanner LCD, as a sub-menu under

your computer's name.

[There may be other issues about sharing your scan-to folder/directory so the

scanner has access]

Intern
raphael nikolai
Message 12 of 14 (471 Views)

Hi HP users! Good day!

FOr those who are not tech savvy enough, I have made a detailed post on this on the link below:

http://www.out-of-warranty.com/setup-digital-filing-scan-network-folder-hp-officejet-all-in-one-prin...

Hopefully, with all the screenshots and detailed instructions, you could be able to setup digital filing properly on your printer.

Regards,

Nik

Honor Student
APil
Message 13 of 14 (434 Views)

Re: and 'Direct' eMail ???

One question regarding another option that seems to be related to "Digital Direct Filing" : " 'Direct' eMail ".

I was looking to printers that could send an eMail directly thru the internet box, w/o any computer or server "on".

I have been told (during a chat w/ HP support) that this option (I call it 'Direct' eMail) is linked to the "Digital Direct Filing" option.

Would you confirm? (if a printer has DDF option, then it can be configured to scan and mail directly, w/o the help of a printer or server connected to the network).

Thanks,

APi.

Top Student
Chuck36
Message 14 of 14 (383 Views)

i have been working around this direct digital solutions for the years i have owned this printer.  lately i have needed to scan to computer file to get work out and again and again come away frustrated.  At our office have gone to Brother products who don't have this issue.  wake up HP you are losing customers!!

anyone have a solution for direct digital scanning to computer file using win 7 64??

please or this printer is going to recycling.

chuck36

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation