Question
Disconnected plastic ribbon
Replies (54)

Top Student
steveccs
Message 41 of 55 (477 Views)

Disconnected plastic ribbon 1/4" x16"

I have a HP Officejet 6500 inkjet printer with a disconnected ribbon cable.  It's approximately 1/4" wide by 16" long and is a dark smoky color.  One of the taps are broken at the end and I'm sure that is the reason it became disconnected.  I'm sure I can repair the broken end but I don't know how to reconnect the ribbon cable.  Can anyone help me.  Thanks

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 42 of 55 (474 Views)

Re: Disconnected plastic ribbon 1/4" x16"

steveccs wrote:

I have a HP Officejet 6500 inkjet printer with a disconnected ribbon cable.  It's approximately 1/4" wide by 16" long and is a dark smoky color.  One of the taps are broken at the end and I'm sure that is the reason it became disconnected.  I'm sure I can repair the broken end but I don't know how to reconnect the ribbon cable.  Can anyone help me.  Thanks

Have you read the thread here?  The post here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
steveccs
Message 43 of 55 (469 Views)

Re: Disconnected plastic ribbon 1/4" x16"

yes, I read the posting but my ribbon cable is different than the one listed.  this cable is the long narrow ribbon.

Honor Student
hbai
Message 44 of 55 (429 Views)

Re: Disconnected plastic ribbon

Hi BOB,

my nice HP6500 printer stopped working and my wife handed over to that "strip" to me. First I was totally frustrated d to identify what pice of my printer I've got.

Searching for help I found your description and that was really a break through for me. Your descrption is perfectly done.

Finally I tested to fix the strip right and left through the carriage and took my time.

Really unexpected short in time I was suceesful. The priter is working properly again.

Many many thanks - and please continue to support guys like my not nowing the details of printers.

Greetings from Germany

Herbert   

Thats my first try in that message system - I do hope my thank you will path through to you.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 45 of 55 (415 Views)

@Herbert - I am glad I could help.  Happy Printing!

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
ron250
Message 46 of 55 (408 Views)

Thanks,

I followed your instructions, your info helped and the printer worked as it was supposed to, for quite some time.

I had other problems after this, I couldn't see trying to fix it, I bought a new HP

printer.

Honor Student
matthias76
Message 47 of 55 (227 Views)

Hi There !!

Same problem here.

encoderstrip away.

http://h30492.www3.hp.com/t5/Drucker-und-All-in-One-Ger%C3%A4te-Nutzung/HP-Officejet-6000-E609a-Foli...

After replacing encoderstrip the carrieage hits hard from side to side.

think i missed the sensor in carrieage !?

how can i see if im in sensor or not !?

Any solution !?

Matthias

Honor Student
matthias76
Message 48 of 55 (224 Views)

Pictures from post above !!

cant edit post !?

encodergeklebt.jpgencoderstreifen_druckkopf.jpgencoderstreifen_links.jpgencoderstreifen_rechts.jpg

Honor Student
matthias76
Message 49 of 55 (185 Views)

Ok, problem was -> i missed the sensor in carriage !!

Now works !!

Thx for help.

Thx to Bob_Headrick who post the photos to solve encoder strip problem.

Student
weimie
Message 50 of 55 (114 Views)

I'm having the same issue.  Needing to reattach encoder strip for HP PSC 2355.  I cannot make heads or tails out of the photos you've provided, and I realize it's not the same model.  Any ideas?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation