Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@weimie wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  Needing to reattach encoder strip for HP PSC 2355.  I cannot make heads or tails out of the photos you've provided, and I realize it's not the same model.  Any ideas?

Thanks

I am not sure which pictures you are referring to, but see the pictures in this post.  The main "tricky" parts are to make sure the strip is properly threaded through the carriage that holds the cartrdiges, and that the holes on the ends are not torn.  Your printer may or may not have the same markings on the end of the strip.  Things will be easier if the strip has not been removed completely from the carriage, in this case you can easily see which way the strip ends go.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Okay....I think I have located all the areas that you mentioned.  Should I take the ink cartridges out while I work on this?  Right away I see a problem.  The smiley faces and triangle are on the left side and the dot is on the right.  If I disconnect the strip and put the smiley faces on the right they will be upside down.  Can I turn the strip inside out so the faces will be upright?

HP Recommended

@casickenger wrote:

Okay....I think I have located all the areas that you mentioned.  Should I take the ink cartridges out while I work on this?  Right away I see a problem.  The smiley faces and triangle are on the left side and the dot is on the right.  If I disconnect the strip and put the smiley faces on the right they will be upside down.  Can I turn the strip inside out so the faces will be upright?

From your other post we determined your Officejet 6700 was still in warranty.  For your case I suggest you Contact HP for warranty support rather than tackle this.

For others with a similar issue you can check with HP's warranty tool here to check the warranty status.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

i receive the message printhead is not intended for this printer after the enconder strip gave away, i have fixed the enconder strip but now i receive a mssg saying printhead cannot used for this type of printer

HP Recommended

The encoder strip being disconnected could cause the carriage to slam to the side of the printer, which may have damaged the printhead.  I would suggest removing the printhead and cleaning the electrical contacts in the pinter and the printhead as described in the document here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Hi Bob

Thank you for your quick reply.

Unfortunaly the carriage is locked.

Regards

Roger

HP Recommended

I have the same issue here. And Thank you For the information. But my cartridges are stuck in the right side of the printer and can't be moved to the center. Please help :generic: Thanks

HP Recommended

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended
Mine is HP Deskjet D2566
HP Recommended

It appears the bulb is burnt out causing scan and printer not working from the printer board. printer works from the computer except it will not print a full list if you want to print 5 pages, it will print 2 thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.