Question

Honor Student
sboatman
Message 1 of 3 (115 Views)

Download photos from memory chip

I have just set up my Officejet Pro 8600 Plus on wireless, I have Vista 32 bit and using Picasa to download my photo's, my question is how do I do it with with this printer??? I open Picasa and click on copy from, then click on 8600 twain, then it wants to scan????????? Anyone know how I should be doing this????

Thanks

Steve

Intern
PenSphere
Message 2 of 3 (109 Views)

Re: Download photos from memory chip

Hello Steve,

As far as I can tell - from my own hard look at all the things my printer can "do" - those card-reader slots can only be used by the printer itself.  I'd love to be able to use my printer as a better 'card reader' than the one I'm using, but sadly no.

We can print photos (as I guess you'll already know) directly on the printer from those card slots, but we can't "see" the inserted memory cards from our PCs.  (We can also scan from the printer directly to the memory cards, which I thought was pretty clever!)

That TWAIN feature is designed only for devices that can "scan", and it's now very common for digital cameras to behave like scanners and to respond to the TWAIN software.  With these cameras, the TWAIN stuff expects the camera to do the 'scanning' of our photos on its own memory cards.  The TWAIN driver / software can't talk to a memory card that's not still inside the camera ... though we can hope it might do someday!!

Colin P.

--
Help calm this edgy world - Be quick to smile. Be slow to take offence.
Honor Student
sboatman
Message 3 of 3 (102 Views)

Re: Download photos from memory chip

Colin, Thank you so much for helping me understand this wonderful printer and it can sure do alot things?

now I'm wondering if I can use a card reader to load my photo's????????

Thanks again

Steve

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation