09-21-2011 10:39 AM
Driver for HP LaserJet 4 and LaserJet 4 Plus:
Problem caused by having to upgrade from MS XP operating system to Windows 7 operating system, old computer died.
Have not been able to find a driver to work with Windows 7.
Thank you for any assistance - both printers are old but work fine in XP. I do not wish to replace them.
09-21-2011 10:44 AM
09-21-2011 10:46 AM
Drivers for LaserJet 4 Series are not avaliable for Windows 7, however, you may try the HP LaserJet 2200 Series driver that comes along with the Windows 7 Operating System. You may fidn the steps to install the driver in the document below:
Although I am an HP Employee, I speak for myself and not for HP.
09-21-2011 10:47 AM
The following describes win 7 and the laserjet 4 (plus) driver install http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/S
And here how to install:
Hope this helps
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own .....
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation