Question

Student
Pieter_13
Message 1 of 13 (9,046 Views)

Drivers for HP DESKJET 3050 for Windows xp 64bit

L.S.

Does anyone know if drivers are availible for HP Deskjet 3050 for Windows XP64bit

kgrds Pieter

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 13 (9,009 Views)

Re: Drivers for HP DESKJET 3050 for Windows xp 64bit

Windows XP 64-bit drivers were not created for that printer. The download page which lists which operating systems is here:

DJ 3050 software and drivers

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Top Student
mundy5
Message 3 of 13 (7,027 Views)

I don't know if you are still looking since this is old, but I just installed the printer driver in my winxp x64 desktop.  I'd be glad to help if you still want it.

Honor Student
Flashovrz
Message 4 of 13 (6,933 Views)

Mundy5, I would be interested if you wouldnt mind please.

Thanks in advance.

Top Student
mundy5
Message 5 of 13 (6,928 Views)

if you download the vista 64 bit basic driver package, you can use 7-zip and unpack it.  There you will find the INF file for the printer driver.

Do not connect the printer to the xp x64 computer.

Install the printer by choosing the "Have Disk" option and then find the INF file you unpacked using 7-zip.  It will then install it.  I know that this printer technically does not have a driver for it, but when you look at the INF file, you can see that it actually has a driver for it under WIN 5.2 which works for XP x64.

If this is unclear, I can explain it further.  I'm not at home right now so I cannot give you more specifics.

Once you install the printer driver, you can then install it using the ip address.  I gave it a static one so that it will always work.  You need to go to install local printer then tcp-ip protocol.

Honor Student
Flashovrz
Message 6 of 13 (6,925 Views)

Thanking you muchly, I will go and break, er i mean try this now. If for nothing else but to get some peace n quiet from the mrs :smileyhappy:

Thanks again.
Honor Student
Flashovrz
Message 7 of 13 (6,922 Views)

Done.  If it was that simple to do, why the heck does HP not just say how to do it....

A simple sticky document for XP64bit peoples would suffice.  Especially if this principle is the same for all of their devices.

Thanks again :smileyhappy:

Top Student
mundy5
Message 8 of 13 (6,920 Views)

[ Edited ]

Great!  I do not have an easy answer other than perhaps it was an arrested development on the part of the programmers so they decided to not offer it even though the printer driver actually works already for the x64 version.  I agree with you that a simple sticky would have been great.  Hopefully others will find this and work through it.

ps to get the scanner to work, you simply type in the ip address of your printer on your browser and it will send you directly to the embedded scanner server.  There you can scan to your hearts content and save it directly onto your xp x64 computer.

No need for the fancy hp software.

Student
Bengo
Message 9 of 13 (6,538 Views)

Re: Drivers for HP DESKJET 3050 for Windows XP Bit

Hi

Please help with the link for downloading the zipped folder containing windows vista basic drivers.

Currently am only getting the setup for windows vista which cannot run in windowsxp Bit

krgds

Bengo

Top Student
mundy5
Message 10 of 13 (6,536 Views)

Re: Drivers for HP DESKJET 3050 for Windows XP Bit

[ Edited ]

Bengo,

You need to download a program called 7-zip and install it.

After that, you can "unpack" the .exe file and get to the .INF files that has the printer driver in it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation