Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (1,680 Views)

ENVY 5530 All in One not founf when trying to scan from Printer Assistant

I just purchased and installed (online) HP ENVY5530.  It will print, but will not scan from the desk top ,Printer assistant nor from the printer to the computer.  message comes up "The HP ENVY5530 series wasn not found."  I've tried the print scan doctor and also uninstalled and installed again still doesn't scan.  Any ideas?

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 8 (1,663 Views)

Re: ENVY 5530 All in One not founf when trying to scan from Printer Assistant

Hi 3412,

What is the operating system on your computer?

Have you tried using Microsoft Paint or Windows fax and scan to see if you are then able to scan using WIA - Windows Image Acquisition?

Follow the steps in the document below

A 'The computer is not responding' Error Message Displays During Scanning

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (1,660 Views)

I am operating windows 7 home  premium  purchased an ENVY 5530 all in one on 9-29-13 after install it will not scan.

ran HP's doctor fix on it has done no good. When I go to printer assistant  it get the message that the scan driver is unable to communicate with the product  HP ENVY 5530 not found.  the fix doctor gives Windows WIA scan error but list no number HP Twain scan shows the PH ENVY 5530 scanner not found.  The printer does print and copy.  HP support remoted accessed my computer, but didn't get anyhting resolved.  They suggested I contact Microsoft, did that.  If this is a driver issue they referred me back to HP. Still got a new all in one which doesn't work Help

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 8 (1,658 Views)

Hi 3412,

Ok, open Add/Remove from Control Panel, and then uninstall everything associated with this printer. Once you have it uninstalled reboot the computer. Download and run the following Utility to assist with getting the printer installed to your computer. Let me know if you continue to have issues?

The HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows was created to help Windows 7 and Windows 8 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

Simply run the tool and follow the on-screen instructions.

NOTE: The HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows does not support Windows RT for ARM-based tablets or computers. Installation of additional printing software is not required. HP recommends that users utilize the print capabilities already included in Windows RT.

HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (1,655 Views)

I have deleted and rebooted installed using then link you provided.  During the install message came up the "The wizard has detected a problem with the driver software for the selected printer click next to install full hp software" .  Did that  the reults are the same.  open printer assistant and scan window pops up HP ENVY5530 not found.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 8 (1,653 Views)

Hi 3412,

Can you take a screenshot of the message you are getting, and then attach it to this post for me to review?

I am an HP employee.

Student
JamieLynn
Message 7 of 8 (1,250 Views)

I had this exact problem. Went to the Network, allowed sharing, viewed my printer by double clicking (which brings you to the IP address on a web browser) and went to Administrator, Security Settings, Enable webscan... DONE... At least I can scan somenow now.

Student
TigerMountain
Message 8 of 8 (1,026 Views)

Hi all,

A friend of mine had this exact problem and we tried everything under the sun. She just disabled her anti-virus software and now the scan function works fine. Try this as this was certainly the problem for her system. She has Win7 OS on her laptop. She is using Kaspersky anti virus software, and is going to switch to Norton.

I hope this helps, give it a try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation