Question

Student
CA2012
Message 1 of 2 (2,594 Views)

ERROR: Operation could not be completed (0x00000015). Device is not ready.

I have an HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-one printer/scanner which I connnected to my new MSI computer with Windows 7 Home Premium.  Everytime I try to scan, I get the error "Operation could not be completed (0x00000015). Device is not ready.".  I have tried downloading a file recommended on wiki-errors, and this does not work for Windows 7 (even though there it says it does).  I have also gone in to my computers services and tried the following:

(suggested on microsoft answers forum)

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Shell Hardware Detection

Enable those services. To do so right click on them, click properties and make it automatic. Once you enable all of them start them. After all the services are started scroll for "Windows Image Acquisition" make this automatic too and start it. Just reboot your PC and you should be good to roll :smileyvery-happy:."

This did not work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

CA2012

Grad Student
Jholder
Message 2 of 2 (2,589 Views)

Re: ERROR: Operation could not be completed (0x00000015). Device is not ready.

i would suggest uninstalling all of  the software and going to the c:\windows\ directory.. any file that starts as  HP and ends in .dat or .dat.temp delete it.... Download the most up to date driver here  and run it as administrator.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation