06-18-2012 03:35 PM
I have an HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-one printer/scanner which I connnected to my new MSI computer with Windows 7 Home Premium. Everytime I try to scan, I get the error "Operation could not be completed (0x00000015). Device is not ready.". I have tried downloading a file recommended on wiki-errors, and this does not work for Windows 7 (even though there it says it does). I have also gone in to my computers services and tried the following:
(suggested on microsoft answers forum)
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Shell Hardware Detection
Enable those services. To do so right click on them, click properties and make it automatic. Once you enable all of them start them. After all the services are started scroll for "Windows Image Acquisition" make this automatic too and start it. Just reboot your PC and you should be good to roll ."
This did not work either.
Any help would be appreciated.
06-18-2012 04:14 PM
i would suggest uninstalling all of the software and going to the c:\windows\ directory.. any file that starts as HP and ends in .dat or .dat.temp delete it.... Download the most up to date driver here and run it as administrator.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an HP Employee.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)