Question

Student
joe_saunders
Message 1 of 4 (323 Views)

Envy 120 wireless installation

Ok so i connected my new Envy 120 all in one to my router and it got an IP address...

It can go to the Internet, download updates whatever...

IT IS CONNECTED to the router.

Then I go onto the router with my PC wireless.  I get an IP and have Internet connectivity.

I cannot pin the ip address of the connected Envy 120.  The installation of the software on my PC fails because it cannot see the device.

Has anyne run into this?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 4 (295 Views)

Envy 120 wireless installation

Joe, so your printer is connected wirelessly, but you cannot communicate with your computer to your printer - is this right?

First, is your printer and your computer on the same network? If not, that is necessary for wireless communication to occur. Make sure that they both have the same SSID.

Second, if they do, then we can try performing a network reset to jump start the connection. Simply turn off the printer and the computer and unplug the router for ten seconds. Plug the router back in and wait for the status lights to blink normally, then power the printer and the computer back on.

Try checking the network again for the printer.

Let me know if this helps!
Honor Student
Minnie66
Message 3 of 4 (177 Views)

Re: Envy 120 wireless installation

Hi

I have the same problem and have tried jumpstarting as suggested, but no luck.  any other solutions found?

The configuration page shows the status as Connected, but the IP address of the printer is not recognised when I try ews.

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 4 of 4 (158 Views)

Re: Envy 120 wireless installation

Hello Minnie66. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. I understand you are unable to install and utilize your printer on a wireless network. To troubleshoot the issue, please apply the steps from this HP website: Wireless Printer Installation Troubleshooting

Please respond if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm only here to help!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation