11-04-2012 09:46 PM
Ok so i connected my new Envy 120 all in one to my router and it got an IP address...
It can go to the Internet, download updates whatever...
IT IS CONNECTED to the router.
Then I go onto the router with my PC wireless. I get an IP and have Internet connectivity.
I cannot pin the ip address of the connected Envy 120. The installation of the software on my PC fails because it cannot see the device.
Has anyne run into this?
11-06-2012 12:34 PM
First, is your printer and your computer on the same network? If not, that is necessary for wireless communication to occur. Make sure that they both have the same SSID.
Second, if they do, then we can try performing a network reset to jump start the connection. Simply turn off the printer and the computer and unplug the router for ten seconds. Plug the router back in and wait for the status lights to blink normally, then power the printer and the computer back on.
Try checking the network again for the printer.
Let me know if this helps!
01-08-2014 01:12 PM
I have the same problem and have tried jumpstarting as suggested, but no luck. any other solutions found?
The configuration page shows the status as Connected, but the IP address of the printer is not recognised when I try ews.
01-20-2014 04:17 PM
Hello Minnie66. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. I understand you are unable to install and utilize your printer on a wireless network. To troubleshoot the issue, please apply the steps from this HP website: Wireless Printer Installation Troubleshooting
Please respond if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm only here to help!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation