Question

Student
DavidWindow
Message 1 of 1 (740 Views)

Error 0xc00000e9, problem communicating with a device connected to your computer

I have a windows 7 premium machine and was installing the drivers for an HP Officejet 6500A. The computer was running slowly because I had a lot of things open. I forgot I was in the middle of the driver install and did a hard shutdown. It now does not boot up. Instead it first gives a black screen with the words: Windows in loading files , after a few minutes is says:
Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.
If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred.

Note: I have the printer on and the USB cable connected. This only started after the hard shutdown.

The black screen says it's part of the boot manager. When I select F2 to get into the boot manager but I'm not sure what to change or disable.

Is there a way for me to somehow get to "last know good configuration"?

Thanks in advance for your help.

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation