Question

Honor Student
RacketballGuy
Message 1 of 3 (611 Views)
Accepted Solution

Error Code: 21.1812.01.2.25016

I had to replace a hard drive in a Sony RA-820G due to the present one failing.  I pulled the bad drive, put new one in, and installed the OS and other software.  I noticed the new hdd now is I: instead of C:.  I tried to install a HP OfficeJet 7310 on this computer and got the following notice:

This device is not ready.

File:  C:\Temp\HP_Webrelease

Error Code:  21.1812.01.2.25016

Please send the error code to Support@Netopsystem.com

Any help on this problem would be appreciated.

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 3 (600 Views)

You probably did a "install now" instead of "download only"

When you do "install now", IE start download and expand the contents to a temp folder. Probably in your windows, the temp folder is still set as "c:\temp" - which the system couldn't find the path because your hd is actually i: The reason for Netopsystem.com is that is the company created the FEAD tool that many use to compress the downloads. It couldn't find temp folder to expand to.

I would suggest try download first to local hd, and run it from local hd. If it still complains about c:\temp - and you can't change the hd to c:, then maybe download it to a different computer with c:, to let it uncompress, and copy over?

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Honor Student
RacketballGuy
Message 3 of 3 (587 Views)

Re: You probably did a "install now" instead of "download only"

I downloaded the file to another computer, clicked on it to expand it, and then cancelled installation.  Burnt a DVD of the files in c:\temp\hp_webrelease and then installed on the computer which has the 7310 installed.  Thanks for your help!!!!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation