Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Also search for the same in the following directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\ToolboxFX\Settings\

HP Recommended

I have Windows 7 64Bit and I can't find this.  I have the same problem

HP Recommended

My computer is runnig XP. I located the directory ToolboxFX but cannot locate the sub-folder Settings.

Please help.

HP Recommended

and me aswell but i get the feeling that hp are not intrested in this problem as they do not wish to acknowledge the issue

i have tried ringing their "help" Line but no joy so come on hp sort this out your a joke

HP Recommended

My guess is they don't know how to fix!!  I called support today and after a short attempt trying to fix it on my computer, the guy took the EXE out of the application directory TOOLBOXFX/BIN and the eror is avoided, not fixed.

HP Recommended

Regarding the post by affableLJ;

The absolutely perfect solution. I have spent literally hours trying to solve this issue and your instructions were dead on.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@affableLJ wrote:

Try the following and see if it works for you;

• Please go to the following directory  C:\ProgramData\Hewlett-Packard\ToolboxFX\Settings
  • Under this directory delete all the files in Settings folder. 
  • Then reboot pc and restart the printer.

*This can occur when the IP has changed or the printer had lost communication and been re-connected.

Thanks, your instructions were the perfect solution.

HP Recommended
This was the perfect solution. Thanks
HP Recommended

Perfect!  Removing the files in the Setting folder also solves the Toolbox error on HP Laserjet 1536dnf MFP.   

HP Recommended

affableLJ, you are my hero!

I have "starred" your response.  If I could send you flowers I woud.

I have begged for help from HP for with the problem for MONTHS, to no avail. 

Print this out and show it to your supervisor.  S/he needs to take you to lunch, give you a raise, and publicly recognize you for figuring this out, solving it, and sharing it. 

Thank you for really listening to what all the users were saying about this issue, the frustration it creates, and most of all, for posting this fix.  This completely solved the problem with not being able to send scan destinations to the All In One.  I copied your instructions and the link into a v.card for my HP AllIn-One for future reference. 

Again, thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.