Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Have been trying to troubleshoot this problem since 11/08, all features work on system but on startup of solution center get On Start up receive message C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9b.ocx failed to register HRESULT -214722043.
when trying to open HP Photosmart Essential tour receive message Cannot open the file C\Program Files\HP\Digital
Imaging\help\\MACRO_ERROR\GS_PSE_MAIN.chm
I've deleted and reloaded instalation cd via your help site
and on my own and still get messaage

SolutionCenter

the feature you are trying to use is on a cd-rom or other removable disk that is not available

an installation package for the product solutioncenter cannot be found. try installation again using
an valid copy of the installation package "SolutionCenter.msi'

have did everthing to resolve still no resolution any HELP out thier

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Jacksj1,

Thanks for the post.  First a little background information on this issue.  Error 2732 is related to an installer file (.msi) that HP utilizes to install certain applications, such as Solutioncenter.  These types of errors happen because the installation of software has not completed or a software application is attempting to repair itself because a file is missing or an entry in the registry has been removed.  There are several references in this thread to this Microsoft document.   **PLEASE NOTE***

Important Information

Where is the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (MSICUU2.EXE)?
This article previously contained a link to the windows Installer Cleanup utility also known as MSICUU2.EXE. If you were directed to this article to solve a problem installing or uninstalling a product other than Microsoft Office, click the following link to use the replacement utility to uninstall your program:
This is a later version of the software, version 13.0  *NOTE*  This patch will not install properly if you do not have the previous software version involved. 

Solution Twohttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651#reso1The Windows Installer Cleanup utility (MSICUU2.exe) that was previously referred to in this article was discontinued. Although the Windows Installer Cleanup utility resolved some installation problems, it sometimes damaged other components that were installed on the computer. Because of this, the tool was removed from the Microsoft Download Center. The above link is a replacement for that utility.
Use this document to locate and identify the suspect file and surgically remove it if Solution One does not resolve or if you do not have the original HP Software CD. 

Thanks to JonW., Microsoft Support and www.justanswer.com for their information!  Good Luck!

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
Uninstall and reinstall Adobe Flash Player, and then the complete HP software for the printer. then reinstall Adobe Flash player and then the HP software.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
HP Recommended

@DexterM wrote:
Uninstall and reinstall Adobe Flash Player, and then the complete HP software for the printer. then reinstall Adobe Flash player and then the HP software.

Why does this happen?  I noticed this error seems to come up whenever flash or macromedia player is updated.  Is there a workaround for this?  It's inconvenient to uninstall and reinstall everything just for an update to Adobe products.
HP Recommended

This response is six months after the fact, but if anyone stumbles

across this thread, this may be of help.

This error is coming from Flash. It can't find the right directory.

The tour program, however, will run fine if it's run directly from the

"HP\Digital Imaging\help"  directory.

I found that if I went to that directory and doule clicked on GS_PSE_MAIN.CHM

it ran. It's a standard type of Win help files.

RHW

HP Recommended

I am trying to get the support centre to instal on my xp pro laptop, with complete lack of success.  How on earth could HP let this product out of the door two YEARS after the glitch was reported?  If I cant align the print cartridges what use is the printer?

HP Recommended

Have Deskjet F4500 "All-in-One series" Solution Center will not display.  Error code 2732.  I have uninstalled Adobe Flash and tried, but I didn't uninstall 4500 printer.  I use Vista operating system on Compaq Presario Laptop.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hello Jacksj1,

Thanks for the post.  First a little background information on this issue.  Error 2732 is related to an installer file (.msi) that HP utilizes to install certain applications, such as Solutioncenter.  These types of errors happen because the installation of software has not completed or a software application is attempting to repair itself because a file is missing or an entry in the registry has been removed.  There are several references in this thread to this Microsoft document.   **PLEASE NOTE***

Important Information

Where is the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (MSICUU2.EXE)?
This article previously contained a link to the windows Installer Cleanup utility also known as MSICUU2.EXE. If you were directed to this article to solve a problem installing or uninstalling a product other than Microsoft Office, click the following link to use the replacement utility to uninstall your program:
This is a later version of the software, version 13.0  *NOTE*  This patch will not install properly if you do not have the previous software version involved. 

Solution Twohttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651#reso1The Windows Installer Cleanup utility (MSICUU2.exe) that was previously referred to in this article was discontinued. Although the Windows Installer Cleanup utility resolved some installation problems, it sometimes damaged other components that were installed on the computer. Because of this, the tool was removed from the Microsoft Download Center. The above link is a replacement for that utility.
Use this document to locate and identify the suspect file and surgically remove it if Solution One does not resolve or if you do not have the original HP Software CD. 

Thanks to JonW., Microsoft Support and www.justanswer.com for their information!  Good Luck!

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

can't install 4500 Officejet wireless

None of the suggested fixes work.

Anyone Idead?

HP Recommended

Hello Jmatank,

Thanks for the post.  Check the below link for a document that addresses these types of errors.  Good Luck!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02266980

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.