Question

Honor Student
Headset
Message 1 of 6 (2,561 Views)

Error code 4,[(2,0,80040154),(0,0,0),(3,56,0)] in scan on L7680

Error code 4,[(2,0,80040154),(0,0,0),(3,56,0)] in scan on L7680

After I click ok the following comes up:

"Could not open The TWAIN source. Make sure there is a valid souece for your scanner in the TWAIN directory found in the

Windows directory."  

This comes up in Photoshop when I try to scan from TWAIN. I can scan from WIA, but the options aren't as good.

I can't reload the software because I only have the download that has to be extracted. I WILL not reload this again because

I have reloaded this 10 times and  it will now print and scan, finally. I'm afraid that I'll loose what I have.

I would love to reload the oringinal software but it will not reload for some reason.

XP Pro /SP3

Any ideas to fix this?

Thank you for any help.

Honor Student
MarcM
Message 2 of 6 (2,514 Views)

Scanning Error code 4,[(2,0,80040154),(0,0,0),(3,56,0)] in scan on L7590

I get the same error with my HPL7590.  In my case, the HP software suite tells me that "A required software component was not found or was improperly installed.  Reinstall the HP Photosmart software that came with the device, and try scanning again."

This problem is on two of my computers (Windows 7 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit).  I have checked and HP Photoshop Essential is installed and works.  The error notice seems incorrect.

I have uninstalled the software and device and reinstalled the software and device multiple times with the same error.  I have "repaired" the installations as stated in another post using the "scan", "destinations" and "bpd_scan_Carrier" msi files.  This has not worked.

In frustration I have called the technical support line.  As my unit is out of warrenty, they would not assist me other than to offer me the opportunity to purchase a new HP printer because my printer did not work in scan mode.  The technician tried to convince me that my issue was a failure of the HP printer hardware.  I am not "buying" that idea.

I have seen a lot of similar posts on this website from this calendar year for multiple HP printers.  So, I think that the issue is in the HP software and perhaps its co-existance with Windows 7 updates. 

Top Student
AussieGirl
Message 3 of 6 (2,467 Views)

Re: Scanning Error code 4,[(2,0,80040154),(0,0,0),(3,56,0)] in scan on L7780

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem, but with an Officejet Pro L7780.  I've tried the HP fixes for the error message I get, however, they don't work.  Since I don't actually have a Photosmart printer, I'm wondering why I'm even getting this message?  It's so frustrating, because I need to scan something ASAP and it just won't let me! :smileysad:

This problem arose for absolutely no reason, after another problem arose for absolutely no reason.  I had reformatted and installed the printer, then out of the blue it simply ceased to exist and I had to reinstall.  I've never had so many problems with printer software as I have with this printer.  Definitely time to look at another brand I think!

Top Student
Dilha
Message 4 of 6 (840 Views)

Re: Scanning Error code 4,[(2,0,80040154),(0,0,0),(3,56,0)] in scan on L7590

I have exactly the same problem on my hp7590. I reinstaled / cleaned a dozen times.

Student
jwhipp
Message 5 of 6 (620 Views)

Re: Scanning Error code 4,[(2,0,80040154),(0,0,0),(3,56,0)] in scan on L7590

I have had my L7580 working on a home network (LAN) with one computer and via USB on another company laptop. The company laptop had a private network that wouldn't let me connect on my home network (Thus the USB connection). Everything worked fine until I got a new laptop "without" a private network.

I installed software and got the same error code listed above. Solution I disconnected the USB connecor from the new laptop and reinstalled all software an printer drivers via my home network. It seems that the new laptop couldn't decern between the network printer driver and he USB cable.

Hope this helps as I've spent a lot of hours solving my situation.

Intern
Genghis_Kahn
Message 6 of 6 (472 Views)

Re: Error code 4,[(2,0,80040154),(0,0,0),(3,56,0)] in scan on L7680

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation