Error message with HP Photosmart Plus (377 Views)
Tutor
CSM-101
Message 1 of 5 (377 Views)

Error message with HP Photosmart Plus

I'll try to explain this as best I can. I have an HP Photosmart Plus B209a-m All-in-One printer with a USB connection to my HP Pavilion p6210y with Windows 7 64-bit. Ever since I've had it it's been able to print, scan, and copy fine. When I install the driver from the cd that came with it or the latest driver from HP's website and choose USB for the connection type, it installs successfully with no error messages. There is also a laptop at my home that connects to the printer wirelessly and is able to print from it without any problems as well. However, as soon as I set up the wireless connection using the TouchSmart display on the printer, I get an error message in HP Hardware Diagnostic Tools that there's a "Disabled Device: Photosmart Plus B209a-m". If I go to Devices and Printers, right click on my computer and click Troubleshoot I get the same message that the Photosmart Plus B209a-m is disabled. If I try to enable the device I receive a Windows error message with the red X that it couldn't find a driver for the device. It's as if Windows is confused because the printer has a wired connection to my computer but other computers on the network connect to it wirelessly and Windows therefore thinks there are 2 separate printers. I have the latest driver for the printer installed and have reinstalled it countless times. Although everything is working like it should, does anyone know how to get rid of that error message?

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 5 (360 Views)

Re: Error message with HP Photosmart Plus

Hi CMS-101,

Is this error message in the Device Manager?

Take a screenshot so I can review it, and then post it here

:smileyhappy:

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
CSM-101
Message 3 of 5 (351 Views)

[ Edited ]

This error message appears in HP's Hardware Diagnostic Tools program and in Devices and Printers. Take a look at these http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/GluedSpirit/NewPicture1.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/GluedSpirit/NewPicture.jpg

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 5 (342 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi CSM-101,

I have the same issue. This has something to do with Win 7. If the printer is working correctly i honestly wouldn't consern yourself with it.

1.jpg

I am an HP employee.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 5 of 5 (312 Views)

Hi CSM-101, 

Is you printer working correctly other than having an exclamation mark on it?

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation