Question

Honor Student
SM_F2180
Message 1 of 7 (1,643 Views)
Accepted Solution

F2180 error messages on startup as follows - hpqst08.exe and HP CUE status root has stopped working

I have a HP Deskjet F2180 All-In-One Printer Scanner Copier and is connected to a Windows Vista 32-bit machine.

My F2180 now causes two error messages on startup as follows - "hpqst08.exe" and then "HP CUE status root has stopped working."

The hpqst08.exe error reads "The application has failed to initialise properly (0xc0150004). Click OK to terminate the application."

The HP CUE Status Root has stopped working reads "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but the error still occur.  Seems to have happened after a Windows Vista update (this machine is rarely connected to the Net).

Any ideas to resolve please?

Master's Graduate
Lorem_ipsum
Message 2 of 7 (1,608 Views)

Re: F2180 error messages on startup as follows - hpqst08.exe and HP CUE status root has stopped work

Hello,

Try the steps below:

1. Download the latest software for your printer. Located here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3177...
2. Uninstall your printer using the add/remove programs feature to remove any reference to the F2180.
3. Perform a search of C:\ for "hpqSTE08.exe". (Make sure that show hidden files is selected)

4. Delete all results with "hpqSTE08" in it.
5. Restart the computer.
6. Install with the latest downloaded software.

I was an HP employee.

Kudos are appreciated if I have helped you.
Honor Student
SM_F2180
Message 3 of 7 (1,597 Views)

Re: F2180 error messages on startup as follows - hpqst08.exe and HP CUE status root has stopped work

Hello,

Unfortunately this did not work.  I followed the link and downloaded the full feature soft ware (there were basic options as well as updates - I guessed the most comprehensive was the option to go for). I then uninstalled all programs to do with the printer and searched for all references with "hpqSTE08" in it. 

I found nine copies of the following, but I could not delete them - the "delete" button was subdued and the delete button would not function.  I couldn't even click and drag to the recycle bin.

hpqste08.exe.FE1CB829_E412_49EF_85D5_EFAD92CF7B2B

I restarted, reinstalled but still get the same error messages,

Master's Graduate
Lorem_ipsum
Message 4 of 7 (1,594 Views)

Click Start
In the search window, type services.msc
Click on the result above that says services (you may need to right click and choose run as administrator to get it to open)
Look for HP Cue (or similar)
Verify that it is started and on automatic (Not automatic delayed or manual)

If it's not automatic, set it to that and then reboot the computer.

If that doesn't work

Click Start
Type msconfig in the search window
Click the result above
Go to the startup tab
Uncheck hpqtray08 and hpqst08.exe if it's in the list
Click Apply and then OK and do a reboot

I was an HP employee.

Kudos are appreciated if I have helped you.
Honor Student
SM_F2180
Message 5 of 7 (1,586 Views)

The error messages seemed to have stopped, perhaps due to the second fix suggested.

I searched for services.msc and found similar to HP CUE, but it was already set to automatic and started.

I then searched msconfig and looked in the startup tab, finding two startup items labelled:

hp digital imaging - hp all-in-one series

At the end of the command line, one was labelled HPWuSchd2.exe and the other hpqtra08.exe

I unchecked both of these, clicked apply and then restarted.  The printer works and I can still only scan through Paint but at least the annoying error popups are gone - thank you.

Honor Student
wp53
Message 6 of 7 (452 Views)

I have the exact same symptoms as above, except ny printer/scanner is a C7280, ie

My C7280now causes two error messages on startup as follows - "hpqst08.exe" and then "HP CUE status root has stopped working."

The hpqst08.exe error reads "The application has failed to initialise properly (0xc0150004). Click OK to terminate the application."

The HP CUE Status Root has stopped working reads "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

The problem is that the solution here (of unchecking the applications at startup) is no solution - sure it stops the error messages but only because it no longer tries to load the programs..... you cannot use the HP Scan software.

The internet is absolutely littered with this issue and i have tried all the fixes I can including registry entries for data paths, and the data paths themselves, looking in services for WIA, doing a L4 uninstall then reinstall but nothing has worked, I still get the hpqst08.exe failed to initialise then the cue status root stopped working.

So what now, surely HP must know by now (this problem seems to have existed for years) Oh yes I'm on Vista32.

Anyone?

Thanks all

Student
Jhondemir
Message 7 of 7 (187 Views)

My problem is copier.. .although it will work even no computer ryt. .but mine not working ? .tnx for helping.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation