Question
Fatal Error 2753 -- MSI.dot4wrp
Replies (21)

Student
mauricio_pp
Message 11 of 22 (5,025 Views)

Re: Fatal Error 2753 -- MSI.dot4wrp (SOLVED)

Davidovp,

Your solution is INCREDIBLE! It really works with my Photosmart C4480.

I delete the articles as you mentioned, and it was interesting that after installation it re-appear. I supposed these files were re-installed and I didn't find anything wrong in my computer.

Congratulations!

Honor Student
Litos
Message 12 of 22 (4,954 Views)

Thank you so much. It works. Finnaly I did it!
Well not so cool, cause I still the same problem when I decided reinstall de hp software:

See here!

(In Windows Vista the Message 'An error has occurred while communicating with the scanning device' Displays When Scanning with a Network-Connected All-in-One)

I will try, but my guess is that it will not function...

Honor Student
konazgrl
Message 13 of 22 (4,584 Views)

Re: Fatal Error 2753 -- MSI.dot4wrp

OMG!!!!!!! After trying to get help with the HP online and telephone advisors, only to continue to be stuck at square one, THESE INSTRUCTIONS WORKED!!!!!! I am now up and running,... print, scan, fax, oh man!!.... it does it all!!!!  :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah, I tried the solutions in print from the support site, but c'mon!!!  It's just not right. Thank goodness for the forums!!!!

I love all of you who tried to help us with this problem. Especially "smartfriend"!!!!  A million bucks and world peace to you!!!

Honor Student
konazgrl
Message 14 of 22 (4,581 Views)

Greetings Simon,

Just thought you might want to know....if anyone else reads the post by "smartfriend" (just below your post) FIRST, they will have solved their problem with the HP all in one printers. Unfortunately not many of us have the luxury of time to be "consumed" by a darn printer issue.

Actually, and speaking for myself here, I don't have the brains and enough patience to tackle that task.  I applaud you and have high respect for you Sir, because yes, it would probably be THE best way to deal with it.

SimonPilling wrote:

As an engineer, best solution will be the harshest.

If you have another hard disk for the computer, install that and rebuild the opertating system from scratch, do your windows updates and then put the CD in and install the printer. If that works then you know your operating system is knackered....

If you dont have the access to another hard disk or knowledge to do it, back up what you've got and complete a factory restore for the computer. Its the only way forward after indepth fixing which you've tried.

Sorry, they are all time consuming...

Simon

Honor Student
erdenton
Message 15 of 22 (4,514 Views)

Solution worked on HP C6150 photosmart on a Vista 32 OS and a Windows 7 system.:smileyhappy:

Student
north52step
Message 16 of 22 (3,686 Views)

Just to say great job by davidov.net, all the rest of info by HP, I spent hours a couple of time uninstalling and installing, and also seeking advise from defender whos antiviris software I have, none helped but davids.

as in his forum just renamed a couple of dll files, uninstalled and reinstalled printer driver etc HP J6480.

Student
pmclean
Message 17 of 22 (3,596 Views)

Thank you , thank you, thank you. David's solution work on my Vista (32-bit) system afte I'd spent hours trying various solution.

Intern
raphael nikolai
Message 18 of 22 (3,517 Views)

If repeated uninstall/reinstalls does not solve the fatal errors,  try this link:

HP Fatal Error Dot4 - http://www.out-of-warranty.com/fatal-error-during-installation-msidot4wrp01/

Student
relieved47
Message 19 of 22 (2,468 Views)

Great job there PrinterTech 909.  Thought I'd never get my 6480 software loaded again.  Thanks!

Student
teched
Message 20 of 22 (1,310 Views)

I have spent an entire day trying to fix my J6480 printer and it's FATAL error. I tried so many forums and nothing worked. BUT THIS IS THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT FIXED THE PROBLEM
PrinterTech909 I will be forever grateful for this post.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation