Question

Honor Student
joshcwood
Message 1 of 3 (510 Views)

Fatal Error looking for Drive C: while installing C309 (g-m) software

I have a different drive letter on windows xp and I have not been able to figure out how to change the drive letter to c:

Is there another work around? Is the software really that specific that it doesn't know how to pick out the appropriate drive?

Honor Student
mpdooley
Message 2 of 3 (391 Views)

Re: Fatal Error looking for Drive C: while installing C309 (g-m) software

I have encountered the same issue - multiple attempts and none of embedded HP fixes in the installer allow for correction of this issue.  Installer flaw still evident as of 08/03/2010 when I downloaded the installer listed as:

PS_AIO_06_C309g-m_USW_Full_Win_enu_140_175.exe

NOTE:  I was able to install the "base" drivers for this printer via the web interface.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 3 of 3 (367 Views)

Re: Fatal Error looking for Drive C: while installing C309 (g-m) software

[ Edited ]

What is the current drive letter where Windows is installed? Also, do you have any USB thumb drives that you've connected to the PC before? Also, which OS are you running?

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation