Fatal error and MSI. MSI. _ BSD_ Scan my hp 7680 on to Microsoft XP system (149 Views)
Honor Student
Joecatch
Message 1 of 3 (149 Views)

Fatal error and MSI. MSI. _ BSD_ Scan my hp 7680 on to Microsoft XP system

I received notice to do a HP update. Once installed the print stopped working. So I uninstalled the software and tried to reinstall using the disk that came with the my printer. However, the disk would not work, so tried downloading the installation software from HP's website. I keep getting this message shown above. Fatal error and MSI. MSI _BSD _ Scan. I also tried disconnecting my virus software before downing the software and that did not work either. What can be done solve my problem?

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 3 (116 Views)

Re: Fatal error and MSI. MSI. _ BSD_ Scan my hp 7680 on to Microsoft XP system

MSI - this is the Windows Installer file (used to be called MicroSoft Installer).

When you see a MSI Fatal error: usually means some parts in the installer failed to install (or remove older existing pieces).

Based on what you are describing, most likely, you did not perform a "proper" uninstall - Microsoft keeps some msi install info in the registry, and maybe even a copy of the old msi file soemwhere, so it is important when you "uninstall", do it using the "remove" option in the msi installer ifself. Anyway, it maybe looking for a specific version of that  "MSI_BSD_Scan" part of the installer (probably from the older installer to properly remove / update) and couldn't find.

The following maybe helpful: 1. try to clean up the traces of the old install - look for some file named HPZscr01.exe, either on the original disk, or in the expanded downloaded file, run it as Administrator. 2. try install the downloaded software again. If still having errors, try HPZscr04.exe, if still having problems, call HP tech support directly.

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Honor Student
Joecatch
Message 3 of 3 (111 Views)

Re: Fatal error and MSI. MSI. _ BSD_ Scan my hp 7680 on to Microsoft XP system

Tried it didn't work it states that their is a newer version of the software already installed so it is quitting in the middle of running the installation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation