09-05-2013 11:26 AM
I have bought a HP Photosmart printer 5510 (B111b). We have bought this printer in Sout Africa,but we have moved from countries know and I can't find cartridge HP 178! I have bought HP 364,but if I put these in I get a error.
What can I do? Can I reset the printer?
Thanks for your help.
09-06-2013 07:22 AM
Sorry that you are having a problem with the ink cartridges.
This problem is, the printer cannot read cartridges from different countries. You will need to get cartridges that's from South Africa.
For example, if you purchase a printer in the U.S., and move to China, those cartridges from there will not work for the printer. The cartridges will have to come from the same country the printer was bought, sorry.
You can contact HP Support (1800-474-6836).
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
10-23-2013 03:51 AM
FYI, see link below for Regionalization (if you've moved countries you'll need to get the region reset on the printer so that you can use cartridges that are available in the new country)
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation