12-12-2009 12:32 PM
My P1006 was working fine on my HP computer with Vista until I installed Windows 7. It prints fine now but every time I print anything I get a firmware download error. This is annoying. Any suggestions?
04-13-2010 11:00 PM
I'm having the same problem on 8 P1005's connected to new Win7 64bit PCs.
The big hassle is when they run out of paper nothing you do on the printer can remove the out-of-paper condition in Windows.
I have to reboot the PCs before printing can continue!
By then the user's have submitted 100's of print jobs to the queue.
04-20-2010 10:10 PM
The cancel difficulty is coming from no cancel button is avaible on the P1005 control panel.
But there is a workaround to resuming printing after out-of-paper: open and close the cartridge door to resume the printing.
Hope it helps.
04-27-2010 04:36 AM
May I know what verison of driver do you installed? I suggest that you upgrade your driver to the latest version.
PS: Once you upgrade the OS from Vista to Windows 7, re-installation of driver is needed.
Hope it helps.
09-06-2012 05:04 PM
SO... I think that i have a solution.
I've ownloaded the 32bit driver & Installed it on my pc.
The software will prompt you to remove the old version and restart the computer.
After restarting the machine installation complete (Wait until you will be asked to plug the USB cable).
Next printer is Brotehr. Lucky for them that I stll have 2 sealed toners.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)