Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Please. i need the firmware upgrade for Officejet 4500 G510n-z or at the original firmware. my machine is acting uncommon. The paper feeder process start and page stop in the middle.

thanks for all your help.

Regards;

Carlos Peguero

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

There are no firmware upgrades.  It sounds like perhaps it is a power issue.  Make sure the printer is plugged into the wall, not a power strip.

If that does not do it, reset the power supply.  Unplug it from both the wall and the printer for 5 minutes.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. Power plug in wall and power supply reset does not help.

Anyone any idea?

HP Recommended

@bouquepreuve, Just to clarify, you do have the same printer as the original author of the post? Do you have a power cord that can be disconnected from the module built into the cord making it where you can separate the cord into two pieces? If so, is the lets do the reset again and this time separate the cord.

To do that:
1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket. disconnect the module from the reset of the power cord,
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back in the module, then plug the cord back into the wall socket first. Make sure that the light on  

the module is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.

I would also check the printer for any loose paper of debris too. I would also try cleaning the paper rollers in the machine. I am including a document for this for the OJ 4500 that covers the machine not feeding paper, if this the wrong model, please write back and I will find the document for the correct model 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

Re: Firmware upgrade for Officejet 4500 G510n-z

HP Recommended

PRINTER IS POWER BLINKING

HP Recommended

Hi 5797,

For your power light that is blinking, try following the steps in the above post by Shirlzz1 to reset the printer.

In case I misunderstood the blinking light. Here is a document for The Printer Stops Printing and the Attention Light Flashes (Paper Jam).

I hope this information helps, please let me know.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

HP is just not what they use to be the products dont last years and years anymore,you call for support they try to sell you new products and services,for heaven sakes we've already bought the product give us a break help us keep it running.I'm the same guy with the faxing problem.When you call they really only go through the trouble shooting steps in which you have already done before calling.I have owned at least eight HP printer in the last ten years I have six now.The next time I buy one it will not be an HP.HP has lost its abilty to produce a good lasting product .Yeah HP go ahead and erase this comment too!

HP Recommended

Yes, there should have been either a firmware update/patch, or a full recall on this device. 

The software setup and configuration is bad enough for one humble computer, but when used as

intended with multiple devices it's an absolute headache. 

I am constantly having to unplug the printer because the machine has decided it needs to rest for a bit. Okay,

everybody deserves a break now and then. But it goes into coma mode and I could be jesus himself and the power

or any other button) still would not wake it. 

I would get into the rest but I'm not getting a helpful vibe from the forum; it's more defensive of a product which, apparently just under 5000 people have come by to check on. My friend at Microsoft talked to an HP engineer, who

laughed and gave us the fix. 

Uploading to FedEx-Kinko's is the better option. 

HP Recommended

Did the fix work and if so, can you tell me what it is? This computer has been driving me nuts for 3 yrs but now I'm using it for my business and I am going insane!!!!  Thanks:)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.