Question

Honor Student
annross5
Message 1 of 5 (369 Views)

Full installation of HP Officejet J6400 Printer

I recently purchased a new HP laptop with Window 7 when I tried to install my HP wireless printer which I have had for a few years now, I cannot install because the only OS system it accepts is Windows 2000, XP, and Vista.  I can get my computer to function but I have no access to HP Solution center.  Is it possible to get an update installation disc? 

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (346 Views)

Re: Full installation of HP Officejet J6400 Printer

annross5 wrote:

I recently purchased a new HP laptop with Window 7 when I tried to install my HP wireless printer which I have had for a few years now, I cannot install because the only OS system it accepts is Windows 2000, XP, and Vista.  I can get my computer to function but I have no access to HP Solution center.  Is it possible to get an update installation disc? 

The 6400 series is supported by Windows 7 and there is full feature software available. You will need to fully identify your printer. The following printers are in the series. Which one is yours?

6400series.JPG

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
annross5
Message 3 of 5 (344 Views)

It is HP Officejet J6480
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 5 (333 Views)

annross5 wrote:
It is HP Officejet J6480

Thanks.

The full feature software is available for download here. Select the appropriate version of Windows 7.

When giving the name of an operating system always include whether it is 32 or 64-bit. It really does make a difference.

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
annross5
Message 5 of 5 (331 Views)

Good Morning,

Once I installed the "patch" the HP Home Solution worked.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation