General Printer Error 0x61011beb (47852 Views)
Top Student
dr_colt
Message 1 of 23 (47,852 Views)

General Printer Error 0x61011beb

[ Edited ]

THe printer i just got shipped to me today is showing the error code 0x61011beb, the website  had no information about this code at all

The error code is a general printer error. It happens during the first few minutes of aligning the ink cartriges.

Message Edited by dr_colt on 11-13-2009 10:34 AM
Top Student
dr_colt
Message 2 of 23 (47,821 Views)

Re: General Printer Error 0x61011beb

Bump
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 3 of 23 (47,814 Views)

Which printer are you using? How do you expect anyone to provide any steps to fix the issue if you don't mention that?
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Top Student
dr_colt
Message 4 of 23 (47,787 Views)

HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer

(CB057A#B1H)

Top Student
dr_colt
Message 5 of 23 (47,744 Views)

bump
Top Student
wordlife
Message 6 of 23 (47,718 Views)

Hi that error mess reflect a carriage jam

so open the top cover and try to move the carriage manually and check if there is any paper stuck anywhere. it should work 

Student
JeffSea
Message 7 of 23 (47,318 Views)

[ Edited ]

I also got this error after a few weeks. I contacted HP tech support who had me do the following:

1. Plug it directly into the wall, rather than into a UPS

2. Verify that the unit is switched on. Disconnect the USB/Ethernet cable from the All-in-One and also disconnect power cable from All-in-One and also from wall outlet.
3. Wait 30 seconds.
4. Plug in the power cable to All-in-One and also to wall outlet.
5. Check for the functionality.

I still had the error message, so they said to reset the printer to factory default settings:

1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on and wait for 20 seconds.
2. Then, press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord.
Continue holding until it displays Semi Full Reset message in the front panel of the All-in-One.

My message was "Semi NVM Reset," then it went back to the error message again.

HP then said "I am sorry to inform you that we have tried all the possible troubleshooting steps that should resolve the issue. However, the issue at hand seems to be with the hardware malfunction of the unit."

Since my printer was still under warranty, HP offered to send me a new one in exchange, or said I could take it back to the store where I bought it, even though I no longer had the original box, installation CD, etc. They said if the store would not take it back, contact HP again, who would exchange it. I decided to take it back to the store where I bought it, who exchanged it for the exact same model with no problem.

Student
alcmtr
Message 8 of 23 (44,900 Views)

this solution just proves my poing about HP printers.  when an HP printer is brought, all one is buying is a name that doesn't work.  I have the HP Officejet 6500 E709n Wireless and everytime I change ink cartridges I get a new error message.  I don't think this printer has worked correctly since I got it.

Now i'm out of warranty.  Of Course.

What really gets me though is while you press # and 6 at the same time, they want you to plug the power in.  Most outlets are below the desk area where a printer is going to be sitting. 

Actually, I think they give this solution simply because they haven't a clue as to how to fix the printer--without it being in the repair shop and they're just trying to get you to the point of thinking they are helping you when in fact nothing could be farther from the truth. 

Now let's talk about their overpriced ink cartridges.  Everytime one presses the ok button as instructed by the on screen remarks, the printer cycles through and more ink is used.  I bought all new cartridges a week ago.  I'm almost out of blue.  Red and yellow are close behind.  Where is black?  At the halfway point.  I have had this error message the entire time.

I am also convinced that HP doesn't have anyone reading these kinds of complaints and does even less to make their printers operate correctly--not just some printers but all their printers.

I will get another printer but I won't be buying HP.

Intern
Jann31
Message 9 of 23 (37,742 Views)

Hi dr_colt,

Some solutions to fix this error, here:

http://fix-your-printer.blogspot.com/2011/02/error-0x61011beb-on-hp-officejet-and.html

Good luck !

Honor Student
TA4hpn
Message 10 of 23 (34,489 Views)

thanks this help me solve the error. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation