11-20-2010 09:30 AM - edited 11-20-2010 02:53 PM
Printer Connection Problem
How difficult can it be to get a printer to work again with XP? I just can't understand why I'm having a problem...maybe my older age has created some mental block that I'm unable to sort this out...HELP please
I have an HP 761n desktop computer running XP sp3, and an HP Laserjet 6p printer. Both of these have been successfully connected for years. The only thing that has changed is that I had a new hard drive installed in the desktop unit a few months ago as a precaution of aging. When I discovered that the printer would not work, I inquired as to the proper course of action. I was told to go to a trusted source for a new driver for the printer. I went to the HP site and downloaded the proper driver.
My computer appears to recognize my printer, but it puts my documents into a waiting line rather than printing them. I've tried looking for numerous 'settings' that I might need to reset, and I've even tried changing around the USB cable I have connecting the two. But I still can not get the printer to work?? Its got power, its got an indicator light that says the USB connection is OK.
I just figure it is some 'setting' I am overlooking, or some compatibility with service pack #3 and my older Laserjet printer??
Please HELP..... [Text removed for privacy]
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)