Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (2,711 Views)

HOW TO FIX PAPER JAM ON HP OFFICEJET 4635

HOW DO YOU OPEN PAPER TRAY TO GET OUT THE PAPER JAMMED IN IT ?

Provost
Message 2 of 4 (2,706 Views)

Re: HOW TO FIX PAPER JAM ON HP OFFICEJET 4635

MonPetiteChoux,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

See the pictures and instructions in this file:   A 'Paper Jam' Message Displays on the Control Panel

This is part of your printer's webpage support center.  Be sure to check out what else is available.

You might want to peruse the video selection to see if there is anything there of interest for your printer / setup.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Student
Message 3 of 4 (197 Views)

I have paper jam, how can I get it out without hurting the machine

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (190 Views)

@bestjaday

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

bestjaday wrote:

I have paper jam, how can I get it out without hurting the machine

Hmm -- very carefully.  Smiling.

I am not trying to be officious sounding or to make it sound as if you would not be careful.  Paper Jams can be tricky; the printer can grab and and hold tight to the paper.  What starts as a little problem can quickly turn into a big mess if the paper rips and gets stuck deep inside the machine.  Rats.

If this was not your printer, start at

Support Home

Enter the information to find your printer model.

Look in Troubleshooting -- the path from there varies, but it won't be too hard to find Paper Jam.

=========================================================

Commentary

The trouble with an actual paper jam, that is, when there are paper bits into the machine, is that the paper that is stuck can be either big chunks of paper (good) or tiny bits (bad) -- and the paper can end up almost anywhere (bad).

Unplug the printer.

Do not use anything sharp.

Watch your fingers -- this is a printer and not worth getting hurt -- or breaking a nail for that matter, broken nails hurt, too.  Watch your eyes -- if you press hard on something, it may spring back; I have not heard of this happening -- best not get real close and be surprised.

The video and document is the best guide -- most printer models provide a similar guide and most printers are about the same:  there are a few places you can open up the printer so you can peer, poke, prod, and pull at any paper that appears to be stuck.

Patience is good.

Finally, if the printer will not budge, there might actually be a wedge of paper deep in the machine -- or there may be some other fault (reason) for the jam message.  Either way, you can only do so much:  try you best, follow the instructions (in guide and video), and then do not spend the rest of your life on it.

If the printer is under Warranty (typically one year), you might ask for help from HP:

If you are in the USA / Canada, fill in the Web form and leave contact information:

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Tech support/ Customer Service – Some English Speaking Countries

Including UK and Europe

==================================================================

If you need more help, you can always start a new Post of your very own!

Start a New Post

Brilliant Post - How to Ask Your Question

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation