HP 3520 - carriage jam? (340 Views)
Student
allardja
Message 1 of 2 (340 Views)

HP 3520 - carriage jam?

I just purchased a factory reburbished (this may be the issue) HP 3520 printer.  I opened it yesterday and tried to set it up, but it says to clear the carriage jam.  I walked through HPs instructions for how to fix it, but I found one issue.  The instructions are expecting the carriage to move to the center when I open the door (as it should).  This isn't happening.  One step in the instructions said to move it to the center if it didn't move itself.  It doesn't move freely.  I didn't want to force it, but they seem stuck to the right.  The HP instructions don't address this issue.  Any other ideas on how to get rid of this error and allow the carriage to move freely?  The website I bought it from has offered to exchange it for me, but I'd prefer to not deal with the hassle of shipping it back if it's something I can fix on my own.

Thanks in advance!

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 2 (325 Views)

Re: HP 3520 - carriage jam?

Hey allardja,

I see you have a carriage jam issue with your Deskjet 3520.  If you cannot find any obstructions blocking the carriage from moving, then the printer has developed a hardware issue within the carriage system of your printer.  If the company has offered a replacement process, then this would be the route I would take in this case.  

A 'Carriage Jam' Message Displays on the Control Panel

The above link is to the troubleshooting document for this error on this printer.  If the steps do not fix your issue, then the next step is going to be product replacement.

Hope this helps,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation