Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had a HP Officejet 4622 printer, scanner, fax.  It worked fine for over a year and then it would not print in black after I reinstalled a new black ink cartridge.  Thinking it was a defective cartridge, I bought another one...same problem.  I purchased a new HP Officejet 4632 printer, scanner, fax today.  It also would not print in black.   I called HP tech support.  No help whatsoever.  I returned it after installing twice.    I purchased another 4630 and after installing, it has the SAME issue.  It will not print in black.  The prints are unacceptable.  Any suggestions please????  I'm going crazy.  If I cannot resolve this issue I am returning the one I have now and have no idea what printer to purchase next.  HELP

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi GoHogsGo,

Welcome to the HP forums!

I'm so sorry to hear about all the printer problems you've been experiencing, but I will certainly do my best to help you out with the Officejet 4632 Smiley Happy

I will suggest that you try the steps within this Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages document, as well as this Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems document.

Let me know how those steps work for you!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am having issues with my HPOfficeJet 4632 not printing black ink after replacing the cartridge.   After following the instructions previously posted for another customer having the same issue none of the suggestions resolved the problem.    I purchased the device at Walmart over a year ago and had no issues until I replaced the cartridge (as was noted by another customer).   I do not have the receipt to return.  

HP Recommended

Hi @VanDuser,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I will suggest that you try the steps I've suggested in this post.

If those steps don't seem to resolve the issue, please call our tech team as suggested 🙂

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.