Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After removing paper jam from front (which I later found out is not recommended), paper will not feed.  I suspect the feed rolls are out of time.  I can hear the rolls turning but no paper feeds. 

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

You didn't say what 5510 printer you have.  Hp has a Photosmart 5510 and an Officejet 5510.  I included documents for both.  Having dirty rollers usually is the cause of the printer not picking up paper.  I suggest cleaning the rollers in both the steps are listed. 

Photosmart 5510

Officejet 5510

Let me know if this helps.

HP Recommended

My printer is an officejet 5510.  I have already cleaned the rollers, which did not fix the problem.  Please read my original problem write-up.  The no feed problem happened when I removed a paper jam from the front, which is not supposed to be done.  I can hear the feed rolls turning and there are no feed roll marks on the paper.  I have had  paper feed problems before and have seen marks on the paper.  Those problems can be fixed by cleaning the rollers. 

I still believe something is out of time and would like you to tell me how to re-time it.  I was a computer service technician for 37 years, so I should have no problem working on the printer with your instructions.  Thank You.

HP Recommended
Hey check your inbox.
HP Recommended

Hi

I'm having the same issue - also removed the paperjam from the front which appears to have caused a issue with the timing. Can you please send me the information to re-time the HP 5510 photosmart.

I have cleaned the rollers and also have no roller marks on the paper.

Regards

Kelly

HP Recommended
I am having the same problem. Anyone solve it yet?
HP Recommended

Hi Jaronian,

I see that you're having the same issue as the user above.  

What printer do you have?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. Please help!!!

HP Recommended

MY officejet 5510 will not feed paper. There has been posting of this issue, I also have cleaned the rollers, done the on off, paper size and still no feeding.  During the start of a copy the feed roller is not moving to feed the paper. is there a micro switch that mybe malfunctioning or a timing issue i don't think it is a timing issue because there is no paper movement. Is there anyone that can help with this issue. 

Thanks,

Pana

HP Recommended

The printer stopped grabbing paper after a paper jam. Tried everything and we finally took it apart (extended warranty has completely expired). After 2 hours of unnecessary dismantling, we discovered the problem: the two little gears that operate the rollers ON THE UNDERSIDE of the printer were not connected. 

No tools required:
All you have to do is turn the printer upside down, and take the paper tray out. you will see the 2 gray rollers and the gears in middle that aren't connected (one is white, the other is black). With the paper tray facing you, the white gear will be on the right and the black gear will be on the left. ALL the way to the left you should see an open compartment. There's an axle shaft that you can move inside that compartment that will push the two gears together. Viola! Fixed! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.