Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 6600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Is there a way to setup the 6600 to print in black or grayscale everytime without having to select it when I go to print?

Thanks,

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The following procedure could be used to set the default printing options to Black only in Windows 7:  Click Start, Devices and Printers, right click on the Officejet 6600, Printing Preferences, Color, Print in Grayscale, Black Ink Only, Apply, OK.

(Note that "Print in Grayscale, High Quality" will use the color cartridge for all but the darkest black areas.  If you are interested in saving color ink usage the "Black Ink Only" option would be preferable.)

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The following procedure could be used to set the default printing options to Black only in Windows 7:  Click Start, Devices and Printers, right click on the Officejet 6600, Printing Preferences, Color, Print in Grayscale, Black Ink Only, Apply, OK.

(Note that "Print in Grayscale, High Quality" will use the color cartridge for all but the darkest black areas.  If you are interested in saving color ink usage the "Black Ink Only" option would be preferable.)

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you, it works great now.  I do not print much in color so I normally set it to black in only and draft.  This is set now thanks to you I do not have to change everytime.

Jimmy

HP Recommended

'Color" does not appear in the Printer Prefernces pop-up

HP Recommended

@LEROI91 wrote:

'Color" does not appear in the Printer Prefernces pop-up

Then likely you are not using Windows 7, or do not have an Officejet 6600 all-in-one, or ???

Please read this post then provide some details.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

how do I change default to black on a hp 6600 printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.