Question

Honor Student
angie09251
Message 1 of 7 (2,233 Views)

HP 7140 - printer keeps saying "turn power off and on" and lights are flashing

[ Edited ]

I have a HP 7140x which has been sitting for awhile because I needed new cartridges and I had to order a new power supply.  I turned the printer on and the message says "Turn power off and on" Then all the lights are blinking.  I turn the printer off  and when I turn it back on, I get this same message.  I went ahead and replaced the toner cartridges and that didn't help. Please help!  I still need help on this!!!!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 7 (2,229 Views)

Re: HP 7140 - printer keeps saying "turn power off and on" and lights are flashing

Turn off the printer, then unplug the power cord from both the printer and the wall.   Wait about 5 minutes and plug it back in and turn on the printer.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
angie09251
Message 3 of 7 (2,223 Views)

Re: HP 7140 - printer keeps saying "turn power off and on" and lights are flashing

I did as you suggested and this did not fix the problem unfortunately.

Honor Student
angie09251
Message 4 of 7 (2,209 Views)

I still need a solution to this problem!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 5 of 7 (2,200 Views)

[ Edited ]

Reset the printer by turning it off, hold the # and 6 keys while turning back on.  

If this does not work, the printer needs to be serviced or replaced.

I am employed by HP
Student
mgtconsultant87
Message 6 of 7 (1,416 Views)

I am having this same reoccuring issue on an HP J4550 after spending $30 on a new black inkjet. I have tried every solution on this forum with no avail. This is incredibly disappointing as this printer is new and hardly used and I was trying to print for a Mother's Day gift. Please advise on the most time/cost effective approach for resolving this issue ASAP.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 7 of 7 (1,404 Views)

Hello mgtconsultant87

If PrintDoc's steps above didn't work the only other thing you may want to try is the link below. If that however does not fix the problem your printer needs to be serviced or replaced.

Turn Power Off then On

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation