Question

Honor Student
Dave_N
Message 1 of 3 (972 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 8600 Pro - default is Fax - HP Officejet Pro 8600, how do I change to regular printer

Running Win 8.  Under control panel the only printing device shown is Fax - HP Officejet Pro 8600.  Under specific applications, I have to select the HP Officejet Pro 8600 from the drop down but that option in not avialable under the control panel to make the regular printer the default.

I hope I am explaining that correctly.

Teacher
vthapa
Message 2 of 3 (960 Views)

Re: HP 8600 Pro - default is Fax - HP Officejet Pro 8600, how do I change to regular printer

When you right click on the Fax - HP Officejet Pro 8600 icon and navigate to set as default does it give the choice, if no
Click on the printer icon and look for Printer server properties on the top go to Drivers Tab and check if it shows you Officejet Pro 8600 listed twice one as 8600 series and the other as Fax.

If you see both than could be installation issue not completing successfully. I would uninstall from Add/remove programs than delete those entry from server properties and install the lates SW from website the link is below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-108858-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...
Honor Student
Dave_N
Message 3 of 3 (953 Views)

Re: HP 8600 Pro - default is Fax - HP Officejet Pro 8600, how do I change to regular printer

Right clicking the icon in Devices did give me the option.  Many thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation