02-18-2014 03:25 PM
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus, won't print after replacing original black ink setup cartridge, continues to give "ink cartridge depleted" message
Kept using printer until printer stopped printing, giving me a message that the black ink cartridge needed to be replaced. Bought HP 950 replacement, put it into the printer as instructed. Still won't clear the depleted ink cartridge statement. Have tried a second new black cartidge, same results. Have turned the printer on and off. Have inspected connections, they look clean. Don't know what else to do?
02-20-2014 12:41 PM
I am sorry to hear you have been struggling with this. I would be happy to help.
I suggest leaving the printer on and unplugging the power cable, leave the printer disconnected for a minute and reconnect it. This is called a hard reset. Once the printer is on again the message should be gone. If the message persist use the instructions from the following document. An 'Ink Cartridge Failure,' 'Incompatible Ink Cartridges,' or 'Ink Cartridge Problem' Error Message ....
Although the title of the document implies it is for cartridge errors and you are not seeing an error aside form the depleted message, I am confident this will help to resolve the issue.
If you reach Solution 5, do not replace the cartridge, you have already done so, instead call HP. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.
Hope this helps.
I work on behalf of HP
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation