Question

N16 Student
Student
N16
Message 1 of 2 (262 Views)

HP 8600, replaced black ink cartridge as instructed, still gives "ink cartridge depleted' message?

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus, won't print after replacing original black ink setup cartridge, continues to give "ink cartridge depleted"  message

Kept using printer until printer stopped printing, giving me a message that the black ink cartridge needed to be replaced. Bought HP 950 replacement, put it into the printer as instructed. Still won't clear the depleted ink cartridge statement. Have tried a second new black cartidge, same results. Have turned the printer on and off. Have inspected connections, they look clean. Don't know what else to do?

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 2 (243 Views)

Re: HP 8600, replaced black ink cartridge as instructed, still gives "ink cartridge depleted' m

Hi N16,

I am sorry to hear you have been struggling with this. I would be happy to help.

I suggest leaving the printer on and unplugging the power cable, leave the printer disconnected for a minute and reconnect it. This is called a hard reset. Once the printer is on again the message should be gone. If the message persist use the instructions from the following document. An 'Ink Cartridge Failure,' 'Incompatible Ink Cartridges,' or 'Ink Cartridge Problem' Error Message ....

Although the title of the document implies it is for cartridge errors and you are not seeing an error aside form the depleted message, I am confident this will help to resolve the issue.

If you reach Solution 5, do not replace the cartridge, you have already done so, instead call HP. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

Hope this helps.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation