Question

Student
pkamp2
Message 1 of 5 (7,225 Views)

HP C309 bluetooth connecting to iPhone

I have an HP 309 printer with Bluetooth support.  I would like to connect my iPhone to the printer so I can directly print photos.  However, I do not know how to get the printer to discover the iPhone.  Neither can I figure out how to get the iPhone to discover the printer.

I have searched online and I see nothing.  Has anyone done this?  It is an advertised use of the system.

Honor Student
ssherm
Message 2 of 5 (7,219 Views)

Re: HP C309 bluetooth connecting to iPhone

Do you have Wifi enabled?  You can download an app for your iphone from HP that will print directly from your iphone.  I've tried to print via bluetooth from my iphone and it doesn't work, but I can print from my macbook, but wifi is much better.

Student
ktlizbef
Message 3 of 5 (6,796 Views)

I was having a horrible time getting my phone to recognize the printer.  HP was absolutely no help.  They told me it was a apple problem so they wouldnt help me.  i was so fed up i tried to plug my iphone charger into the usb port on front of printer and it said on printer screen that it was not compatible but it actually recognized it in the hp iprint app.  Once i unplugged the charger it continued to recognize it.  it took a few minutes to recognize it after closing app but it would after a minute or two..  also if you turn off your phone it may disconnect it and may need to repeat this step over again. Hope this helps you!!

Honor Student
Hughs500
Message 4 of 5 (6,405 Views)

There is an application for the Ipad, not sure if it will work with the Iphone. I does connect via your wifi not the blue tooth. Or atleast I've not figure out how. The app works with files you have saved or photos..  I have yet to figure out how to get it to get items off my home computer. It does not recognize the pad as a device at this time.?  I think I added more questions than help..

Student
nicmc3108
Message 5 of 5 (4,465 Views)

Can you please inform me how to connect my Iphone via bluetooth to my c309 printer.

I have tried several time but the Iphone cannot discover the printer.

Thanks

Nicky

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation