HP C4100 printer error (2067 Views)
Honor Student
jlwill56
Message 1 of 5 (2,067 Views)

HP C4100 printer error

I have a HP C4100 all-in-one printer and it is giving me an error message.  It states that I need to remove and check the color ink cartridge.  I checked the cartridge but didn't find any damage.  I attempted to run a self test but I can't get the orange flashing light located under the on/off button to go off.  Does anyone know how to solve this problem?  Should I just replace the cartridge?

Student
jmartin39
Message 2 of 5 (2,012 Views)

Re: HP C4100 printer error

jlwill56 wrote:

I have a HP C4100 all-in-one printer and it is giving me an error message.  It states that I need to remove and check the color ink cartridge.  I checked the cartridge but didn't find any damage.  I attempted to run a self test but I can't get the orange flashing light located under the on/off button to go off.  Does anyone know how to solve this problem?  Should I just replace the cartridge?

I have a Photosmart C4150 Printer and have the same problem problem, the blinking LED under the power on push-button. I have done the printer reset per the HP instructions and the problem still  persist. I replaced the color cartridge

and the message on the display " Removed and check color cartridge " as well as the blinking LED comes on as soon as I turn the printer on. Does any one have any suggestions of how to fix this problem.  

Student
miggie
Message 3 of 5 (1,926 Views)

I have a C4150 that has the identical problem....and I can't seem to get by the error.....

I have been refilling my cartridges at Costco (the same place I purchased the printer) but the printer doesn't seem to like them?

Student
ginajo123
Message 4 of 5 (1,709 Views)

[ Edited ]

I got a C4100 and it's done the same thing.  It tells me to check and remove the right print cartridge.  (Trust me..for zero particular reason, as it's new and full-ish I've used it a tad since purchasing!!) So, for fun I did.  And well, same msg..

So then I look online for an answer.  Ohyeah...reset it huh. Ok. Done. (And several times I might add.) So..the next bit of info tells me to have it serviced? **bleep**??? What for? It gets used all the time.  Never moves from where it sits...yet haha...righto...fork out more cash, and have it serviced for no particular reasoning.

Here's the problem: This so called support forum, is for each of us..to help each other.  So far, zero response/chime in from HP service techs....on what else the trouble could be.  How bout those known issues, HP service folks?! Why not share?!

Yeah, I'm ticked. This is the second HP printer we've owned. The last one, I chucked out..I got so fed up with the hunk of junk.  This belonged to hubby, so it was already here.  Guess where it's going? Umhmm. And I'll never buy crap like this! You can't even get service people to help out on the forum, of their home site.

{Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion}' pathetic!

Thanks a bunch.

Retired
SedonaF
Message 5 of 5 (1,703 Views)

Welcome to the HP Consumer Support Community. This is a peer-to-peer community for customers to connect and share solutions regarding their HP products. If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you.

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation