Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have same problem, can't solve until now even I already try all the suggestion

I think, it seems a sucks product...

HP Recommended

installed refilled cartridges and got "refer to printer documentation" nothing works cleaning, turning off etc. ??????? Help

HP Recommended

Get a new printer. I had the same problem. It could not be fixed.

HP Recommended

Hi Bernard

As you're using refills, it's possible that the circuitry on the cartridge has been damaged by the non HP ink. You could try returning the refills to the store to ask for replacements, or alternatively purchase genuine HP.

Just FYI, here's some more info on this topic

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00853819

http://www.hp.com/united-states/consumer/inkjet/ink_f.html

Hope this helps

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I tried all of the steps outlined by everyone here. Nothing worked. I was moments away from chucking my printer. I had tried everything except buying new ink cartridges. I was annoyed at the idea of having to do that when i had a set of brand new ones that i had just installed and refused to work. I went to the store to buy some anyways with the intention of returning the cartridges if they didnt resolve the problem. when i got to the store i was asked what kind of cartridges i needed. i honestly forgot at that moment and said either 57 or 75 I dont remember. I called home and asked my wife what was the model number of the printer. She told me c5280 so that means i needed 74 and 75 for black and one for color respectively. when i got home i realized that i had 57 56 installed in my printer. They fit, but obviously didn't work. I looked at the old ones that i had taken out turns out those were also the wrong ones. For some reason those worked for a while, go figure. Although, i am embarrssed to admit this i found everyones advice usefull and felt the need to post this in case someone out there is as dumb as me lol. have a great day. problem(at least for me) solved. 🙂

HP Recommended

I cleaned the cartridge and printer contacts with some alcohol cleaner and it WORKED. Thanks for that.

HP Recommended

I've got the same error message problem and have found loads of ink under the cartridges also. Is there anything that can be done? Or is it, as I suspect, best to just chuck it and buy a new printer? And learn from the experience..NEVER BUY HP!!!

HP Recommended

I ended up having to chuck mine. Read through the previous posts. There are a couple who maintain they fixed their's. But most did not.

HP Recommended

I had the same issues and after trying all the stuff mentioned I analyzed the problem after cleaning the cartridge and decided it must be the cartridge is not being read properly so I went into the printer and chose "align the print cartridges" and I could hear the printer aligning and it printed a test and I saw all my colors printed out. After the test I was able to print my greeting cards. I hope it helps you and my printer stays working.
Barbie

HP Recommended

I have the solution..

I am going Staples and buy a Cannon printer .

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.